Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hhouck514

Songster
Nov 4, 2018
OR
Hello Serama People!
I don't currently have any chickens, but I will be getting some soon. I have a question. Are silkied seramas and frizzled seramas a purebred type or are they cross breeds? I will be getting Seramas (along with other breeds), and I want t help preserve the breed. Is a silkied serama a mix of a serama and a silkie, or just a gene in a purebred serama? The same with frizzled? Thanks in advance! (The images do not belong to me)
51e70267f471cc63a8bb126587caef5d.jpg

Silkied Serama

SeramaFrizzleRoo.jpg

Frizzled Serama Rooster

Thanks in advance!

They are both pure serama so I'm assuming they are showable.
I don't have any experience with showing or seramas though. I just know they aren't crossed with anything :)

Yes, Seramas can be frizzled or silkied and still be pure serama genetically.

As far as showing, white (and maybe solid black now, last I heard black was in the works?) is the only acceptable color for cage showing. Any color variation is usually allowed for table top showing. I'm talking sanctioned shows. If you mean 4-H or other types of showing, you should check with the organizers.

Yes, Seramas can be frizzled or silkied and still be pure serama genetically.

As far as showing, white (and maybe solid black now, last I heard black was in the works?) is the only acceptable color for cage showing. Any color variation is usually allowed for table top showing. I'm talking sanctioned shows. If you mean 4-H or other types of showing, you should check with the organizers.
Awesome! Thanks @WVduckchick and @puffypoo for your help! Does anyone know how to close or lock a thread?

Awesome! Thanks @WVduckchick and @puffypoo for your help! Does anyone know how to close or lock a thread?

I believe only PFMs can lock their own threads. Non-PFMs can report the first post and ask that it be locked, or send a private message to a staff member. Check under “thread tools” at the top of the thread first.

Back
Top Bottom