i need advice

daisysducks

Songster
May 18, 2020
i currently have 2 female pekin ducks we have lost a lot of them over time and now we’re left with 2. one is just about 6-8 months old and is the sweetest funniest girl ever with the best personality her name is ollie… the other is over a year old and she’s pretty slow moving and i’m thinking she has niacin deficiency or some kind of illness… i’ve been trying to treat her for it with vitamin b complex and other things but she doesn’t seem to be getting better…. i’m worried that the older one peter (she’s a girl lol) is going to pass on soon since she’s so slow moving and doesn’t seem to be getting better and i’m only going to have ollie left, i know that you can’t just have one duck and they’ll get depressed if they’re alone and i’m really just wishing the best for my girls but i’m not really sure what to do… ( i’d also like to add that peter can’t keep up with my ollie girl and it really upsets me, i just want her to be better) also i live in metro detroit, i’m looking for someone that i could trust to take my baby if the worst happens and i do have to find her a new home so if anyone has any thoughts or would be willing i would really appreciate it… any advice or help is really appreciated🤍 thank you so much🤍

It sounds like it would be a good idea to start reaching out locally to find someone who already has ducks and who might be willing to take on a lone duck. There is a Michigan Thread BYC in the Where Am I? Where Are You? Forum - that might be a good place to start. Also checking Craig's List under farm and garden might lead you to other poultry keepers.

Also, you could try a vet for your older girl. One is not very old, and there might be something simple you can do to get her back to health. Have you checked the bottom of her feet to make sure she doesn't have bumblefoot?

It sounds like it would be a good idea to start reaching out locally to find someone who already has ducks and who might be willing to take on a lone duck. There is a Michigan Thread BYC in the Where Am I? Where Are You? Forum - that might be a good place to start. Also checking Craig's List under farm and garden might lead you to other poultry keepers.
thank you, that was my plan just to have someone i feel i can trust to take care of her and give her the happy life she deserves🤍

Also, you could try a vet for your older girl. One is not very old, and there might be something simple you can do to get her back to health. Have you checked the bottom of her feet to make sure she doesn't have bumblefoot?
i’ve checked for bumble foot, i probably will reach out to a vet.

What exactly do you feed your two ducks?
Do you know why the others died?
we have a fox that keeps coming back no matter what we do and we can’t get rid of him. i’m not sure the brand, i’ll find it.

Back
Top Bottom