I need help pls

Youngxq

Chirping
Aug 6, 2018
Pls my hen is acting funny...she keep move like a drunk...if I go close to her she try running but end up turning round like she is high on sometin...pls is it a type of sickness that I don't know....pls I need responds pls...any idea wats wrong wit her?
IMG_20180807_150909.jpg

How old is she? Is she walking in circles or backward? Is she dehydrated or overheated? Could she have been kept from getting enough food and water by other chickens? I would get her drinking water, and give her a few drops of Poultry NutriDrench. Ear infection or Mareks disease can make them loss balance. Is she using both legs and wings normally? Do you know if she had a Mareks vaccine? She may have also gotten hurt, so just keep an eye on her and watch how the others act around her, in case they try and hurt her. Here is a link for NutriDrench:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/nutri-drench-poultry-4-oz

She is 16 weeks old...she was not given any vaccine...she is using both legs its just the turning around...she is the one dominating others so I can say she is not been maltreated...is she sick ?

Last edited:
She could have some neurological symptoms similar to wry neck, which can be caused by head injury, vitamin E or thiamine deficiency, and seen in some diseases including Mareks and others. You can give a 40 microgram capsule of vitamin E daily and a few bites of cooked egg for selenium. Or give her some chopped almond, sunflower kernels, spinach, for E and a little bit of egg for selenium. Thiamine can be found in a supplement or in some chopped liver or hamburger meat. Only small amount of any of these are needed to treat wry neck.

The vitamin E, thiamine, and selenium should be started, and she may need to be helped to eat and drink if she doesn’t get enough. I hope that she responds to treatment soon. It can take days or weeks or more to see results, depending on the cause. Wry neck is also called torticoilis, crook neck, and encephalomalacia.

Back
Top Bottom