I need help with chick food please.

i will try and get chick starter. just wondering if you grinned in down and added water would it be a healthy food? Thank you.
Newly hatched baby birds won't be able to eat that - if you had a way to grind it down to powder, then you could mix with water and offer that. Chicks really need chick starter. And no, the chicks shouldn't eat the adult's food, as it probably has too much calcium.

I think it’s epol laying pellets . I do not have the bag. Sorry I can’t post pictures very bad internet will send picture of the food when it’s back up.

I think it’s epol laying pellets . I do not have the bag. Sorry I can’t post pictures very bad internet will send picture of the food when it’s back up.
Laying pellets usually have too much calcium to be good for chicks, so probably not a good choice.

(Pellets are also too big for chicks, but they can be broken up into smaller pieces or soaked in water until they are soft. So the size isn't really a big issue. The problem is when they are nutritionally wrong.)

View attachment 3019243
I could someone please help me. I’m hatching Chicks and I asked my dad to get some growers mash and he bought this he told me it is definitely growers mash. But a while ago when I raised three silkie chicks they had stunted growth and the breeder said thus feed was the problem. I was wondering if any one could tell me what I could add to this to make it nutrious. It’s said fowl mix one on the bag. Thanks.
There's a lovely thread on shared ideas on foods too too keep our flock happy . I'm leaving this link incase you are interested here ...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ite-scrap-treat.1512525/page-14#post-25473419

Back
Top Bottom