Thank you - how long should she still have the lamp for and I’m sorry for so many questions but can she die from sadness since she was with her mother and from one moment to another they were gone ?!??

4 weeks old should have some feathers. A box if you have nothing else. At 4 weeks old , me I would use a incandescent bulb and fixture if you want to add a little heat. 4 week old is not going to need the heat a new chick would.
If you have no bedding maybe a towle or whatever you could think think of for it to snuggle up in. A little stuffed animal might help to give it some company.
A new chick from a farm store if you have any around for company, but you have a hen left also.

As I mentioned whatever ate your birds will come back, I am sure you realize that is the next problem.
You may think of a game camera to find out what got your birds or you may already know.
Just a wild guess this almost seems like a group of racoons, but I could be way off here.
Sorry for your loss
Good Luck.

Thank you - how long should she still have the lamp for and I’m sorry for so many questions but can she die from sadness since she was with her mother and from one moment to another they were gone ?!??
4 weeks old does not need as much heat 80 degrees ? I am not sure. I start with new chicks with a light bulb so the bedding is just warm to touch and every week after raise the light fixture and watch how the chicks respond.
You only have 1. I do not know if a chick can die from sadness, but they are a flock animal.
You have any small stuffed animals or small mirror?
I am sure the chick will be fine while you get your situation fixed. May chirp alot looking for friends.

A mirror or a stuffed animal might work to provide "companionship" though if you can get a couple more chicks around the same age, that would be better.

Also as TOR mentioned, whatever got to the rest of your birds will be back, so your other priority is to fix and reinforce your chicken set up to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I have my 4 week olds off heat down to mid 40s, but that's after they've been weaned off heat (and I raise them, no mama). Probably around 60F should be ok for your chick, I think?

Back
Top Bottom