I think my flock has lice

dianascowboy

Hatching
Sep 15, 2015
I think i have chicken lice , I first noticed it around my feed barrels I haven't the guts to check my flock yet I feel creepy crawly all over lol here is a picture can some one verify it for me and give me suggestions how to get rid of it I live in Canada so some products might not be available here

Last edited:
Picture didn't come through... around feed barrels makes me think of grain mites, but need to see picture first...two separate issues with different treatments

I just re did the picture I noticed them
On my corn lid , I have a feed room which houses about 7 quail and all my garbage barrels of feed

I think that maybe grain mites... I've had them and they will not be on your chickens, but instead destroying the feeds nutrition... which will affect your flock...I tossed all my feed and disinfected and cleaned my barrels and feed area, let them sit and air dry. Bought new food and located somewhere sidebar l different for a week and it got rid if all those buggers... grain mites will look like dust but if you look close it will be moving... didn't know I had them until they were on me after filling feeders and I started to itch YUCK! Just thought it was fed dust at the time

It's not something my kids can get infested with is it ? Or me for that matter I first noticed them on my corn barrel yuck I'm so grossed out

Absolutely not! They feed on feed/grain only... it is just the ick factor. If you can research it on the internet. I had no problem eliminating my infestation. I hope this helps and I hope your problem I'd result resolved as mine was.

Back
Top Bottom