I think my young rooster is killing my hens?

I'm in board with the weasel theory. Ive never seen a weasel in person but I guess they can be here. I have a creek about 200 yards down the hill. Camera batteries are charged, and I'm going to set it up but I've always put the new control board in my desk to dawn door and am going to retrain the hens to sleep inside the coop. Hopefully they go in in their own in a few days or I'll have to take out the roosting branches in the run for a bit.

Would well fed squirrel size rats take down a chicken? They laugh at the largest rats traps, I might order a Uhlik Repeater trap for the tune of $260. Or poison but im worried the chickens or other local wildlife would find it

Attachments

• DSCF0471.JPG
    DSCF0471.JPG
    284.9 KB · Views: 16
Would well fed squirrel size rats take down a chicken? They laugh at the largest rats traps, I might order a Uhlik Repeater trap for the tune of $260. Or poison but im worried the chickens or other local wildlife would find it
you need to close up food access immediately. don't have food open and available at night especially. this is a buffet for everyone! lucky rats ;) don't think they're killing your chickens if they are this well fed imo

Back
Top Bottom