i thought B.C.Marans were nice birds

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Blueroo63, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Blueroo63

Blueroo63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    N.Texas
    I thought Black Copper Marans we're nice birds,last night mom called and said her roo I raised flogged my nephew [​IMG] .
    so I told her to watch him and if he kept acting up I'd bring her a new boy for her girls,and then 10 mins. ago for the first time ever
    i truned to walk out of my pen of Black Coppers and My stupid roo got me [​IMG] whats up that, any ideas besides dumpling [​IMG]
    sounds good I like dumplings,just kidding would not could not

2. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    Well it could be they re getting older now and don't want you near the hens or them. Plus they don't care if they have spurs on them.

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    unfortunately, even the typically 'gentle' breeds are going to have a few sassy individuals.

if you cannot cull, either start training or find him a new home. a person getting attacked by a rooster is not acceptable. ever.

4. Blueroo63

Blueroo63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    N.Texas
    I think he's acting out because 1 of his ladies want to set but they aren't laying good yet and if mom fusses he's gotta get on it and take care of her problem.I think I'll just let her set so rir/blrw crosses for now to make her and them happy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by