I thought I had Jersey Giants....

Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Songster
10 Years
Feb 15, 2009
Chariho RI
I'm not so sure anymore. They're definately huge. I had a Barred Plymouth Rock roo before and the new guys dwarf him, but the legs/feet have feathers almost like a silkie. One is black with a very green tint and the other is white if that helps. Sorry I can't take pictures the camera's not working for me. Could they still be Giants even though they don't match other pictures?

JG's do not have any feathering on their legs. They could be giant cochins, they get very big and of course have feathered legs. They could also be a cross. Pics could help determine for sure.
wink.png

Sounds Like the black is a Langshan and the White is a Cochin? Are they really puffy with round butts or are they Tall, lean, and have good sized tails?

I tinhk my black is a Langshan, but the white I'm still not sure. He has a few more foot feathers than the black, but not as many as a cochin, and his tail feathers fan a bit more than the black. I really wish my camera was working, this would be so much easier. I also noticed a lot of the feathers had more of a cream or off-white color than bright white.

Back
Top Bottom