I thought I had Jersey Giants....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chicks R Friends NOT Food, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    I'm not so sure anymore. They're definately huge. I had a Barred Plymouth Rock roo before and the new guys dwarf him, but the legs/feet have feathers almost like a silkie. One is black with a very green tint and the other is white if that helps. Sorry I can't take pictures the camera's not working for me. Could they still be Giants even though they don't match other pictures?

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

JG's do not have any feathering on their legs. They could be giant cochins, they get very big and of course have feathered legs. They could also be a cross. Pics could help determine for sure. [​IMG]

3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Maybe they are Langshans?

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    maybe cochins??

5. BoiseBubba

BoiseBubba Serama Psycho

Feb 11, 2009
    Boise, ID
    Sounds Like the black is a Langshan and the White is a Cochin? Are they really puffy with round butts or are they Tall, lean, and have good sized tails?

6. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    I tinhk my black is a Langshan, but the white I'm still not sure. He has a few more foot feathers than the black, but not as many as a cochin, and his tail feathers fan a bit more than the black. I really wish my camera was working, this would be so much easier. I also noticed a lot of the feathers had more of a cream or off-white color than bright white.

7. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Have you tried Feathersite to see if you can find any matches? They have photos of almost every breed.

www.feathersite.com/Poultry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by