I Took My Hen to School...

Friendly_Lurker

Free Ranging
Jan 27, 2020
Kansas
I’m in 4-h and this teacher used my hatching eggs as a class experiment. When I came to get the chicks, he asked me to bring a chicken and talk to his class. Now, this was exactly the third time I’d been to school ever. (One play, one free lunch). Everyone loved Karina, and as I walked through the halls, there were cries of “It’s a chicken!” Also, I’m homeschooled, and it’s awesome.

That's such a good story!

I smuggled chicks into a library the other day. Somebody was going to pick them up but they were late and I had a class, so in the chicks went! But we were caught after about ten minutes and the librarians asked us to take them out. We actually didn't take them out but instead hid them in another room, and weren't discovered! The cool thing was that so many people came over and petted them. It's so sad that most people now days might live their whole lives without seeing a single chicken.

It's so sad that most people now days might live their whole lives without seeing a single chicken.
I know right. Over the summer we went to Jamestown, Williamsburg, and Yorktown and while we were there we passed a cow on the bus and a bunch of people started shouting because they had never saw a cow before. I found it a bit sad considering that I see tons of cows everyday and yet that was there first time seeing one.

I’m in 4-h and this teacher used my hatching eggs as a class experiment. When I came to get the chicks, he asked me to bring a chicken and talk to his class. Now, this was exactly the third time I’d been to school ever. (One play, one free lunch). Everyone loved Karina, and as I walked through the halls, there were cries of “It’s a chicken!” Also, I’m homeschooled, and it’s awesome.

Sounds like a fun day!

That's such a good story!

I smuggled chicks into a library the other day. Somebody was going to pick them up but they were late and I had a class, so in the chicks went! But we were caught after about ten minutes and the librarians asked us to take them out. We actually didn't take them out but instead hid them in another room, and weren't discovered! The cool thing was that so many people came over and petted them. It's so sad that most people now days might live their whole lives without seeing a single chicken.
I did the same thing! I was hatching eggs legally in two libraries and a YMCA near me and has to transport three chicks to a different library in my coat because I didn’t have a box;)

Back
Top Bottom