I will NOT become the crazy chicken lady...

Quote:
Ok I AM the crazy chicken lady cause I talk to mine all the time and kiss them when I pick them up, even my roos

Me too! Plus I show pictures to everyone at work like they are my children!

Quote:
oh, I KISS and talk to my girls all the time... So much infact I swear they talk back
gig.gif
love.gif
lau.gif

wait, you buy your dogs their own burger?? Yup. Spoiled.
I gave Dusti the taco that comes with Taco Bell meals once, but it's like fries, part of the meal, and I was full. I didn't order it special for her.
lol.png

I HAVE ordered her a cup of ice water at Sonic when it's hot, but considering I don't have air conditioning and I thought I needed a cold drink, I'm SURE she did too!!!

Oh and I have a picture of me working (I am a transcriptionist and work from home) with a chicken sitting on my shoulder that I show my boss...who definitely thinks I am a crazy chicken lady!

deb g

Quote:
Weelllll, I make them share it! they don't get one every time, lol. However, when we lived in Memphis, we would take the coonhound mix in the back of the truck to Sonic (just around the corner from home) so often that the manager once gave her 6 burgers and another time gave us our food even though we forgot our wallet. Guess that's how she got to 125lb, but now she's a dainty 92.

oh, and great grandpa's bed really is in bad shape - water damaged veneer and all that - but for now it's safely enthroned in my craft room. I was conceived in it and I'm not totally without sentiment. It was just seeing it with all those slats/roosts and sleigh bed ends that made me think chickens.

Quote:
To see how severe the condition is, consider this post I made.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=396761

I still love that motorcycle.

gig.gif
I read your post and that is so me right now! I got my parents today and we went to eat, ran errands, and took mom to physical therapy, and we kept having miscommunications because I've gone chickenbrained, lol. "where do you wanna eat?" me: "Backyard Chickens" dad:"um, don't you mean Backyard Barbecue?" I could go on, but it was all chicken, you get the point.

BTW, has anyone ever thought of turning an old chest of drawers into nesting boxes? Goodwill had one for $9. in fact, I'm pretty sure 70% of the stuff there could be used for chickens in some way....

Back
Top Bottom