IA here

Checked the incubator last night and 3 orloff eggs were pipped! Was not expecting that either. I had just set some eggs that were sent to me so, fired up the other bator, put the just set eggs in it and set the rest down. As of this time, 2 Orloff and one Sussex out with more on the way.... hardly any water in there either?
And for those wondering, yes, I did write down the date and counted the days twice, when the next ones would hatch!

I actually have better luck dry incubating. I'd guess that the chicks that have hatched already have created enough moisture for the rest. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. LOL!

Quote:

Quote:
Eric are your Sussex LF or small?

They are bantam Mike. And for sale, a pair. Both of them are non-typically skittish for their breed, maybe they just need more handling? She is a good egg layer however. I have another female but am keeping her for show. I will take the pr. and my excess roos to Waverly. I made the hotel reservations today. Will also have some odd starts to take along. What is your daughter looking for for a project?
I think the hatch is all over, just some eggs left that I should have pulled out but only candled twice and there was one or 2 that I thought were moving. Will wait another day for them to decide if it is their time to be in this world.

She is wanting something in large fowl.she has won all most all there is to win in most every class but hasn't gotten the best overall chicken yet,seems like it's a large fowl rooster that gets it.she got 2nd last year with the BLR wyn rooster,we picked up a Speckled Sussex rooster this year but would still like to get something better.last year it was a black standerd cochin that took it,we got a black cochin last year but he's got some red in his feathers now.

Last edited:
Well the last couple of days I've had a scare with my splash silkie that WAS for sale. she was disappearing around the time that the hawk was seen and I would think she had been picked up. Then she would just appear again later in the day. I figured she was just hiding well. Turns out she had a secret nest she was building up with 15 eggs in it. 7 of her own (I am assuming they are hers since she is a pullet and they are super tiny) and 7 LF eggs of assorted colors including EE and OE. I acutally think she will be safe where her nest is with some additions. It was a floating shelter we had built for the ducks at one point turned on its side. It is inclosed on three sides and I put a big heavy board in front of it for tonight. So I will count today as day one since she was in the coop last night.

welcome-byc.gif
There are a lot of people on here that will help you out with any questions you may have.

Schroeder
welcome-byc.gif
!

Will you be selling and or buying at Waverly? And what?

Some of us know each other already, thats agood question how we will find each other or meet up at a particular spot at one time. We should take a group picture! We could use it as a forum thread header.

Back
Top Bottom