Ice in waterer in CA !

Our garden hose was frozen both yesterday and this morning so I had to fill the waterers inside. We are at 3000'. The waterers inside the coop are not frozen, the outside one is a large, plastic pan and it only had a thin layer of ice on the surface. Is it going to be a cold winter? hmmmm.

Ahhh you guys make me a little bit homesick. Moved from Fontana to OKlahoma in summer 2004. Still say nothing out here is even close to a Santa Ana wind. At the bottom of Cajon pass they were absolutely brutal. I agree that winter this year might be a little chillier than usual. My tip-offs... everything that usually migrates in October was outta here by the end of September. It was like this mass Exodus. Then the caterpillars were super fuzzy! Our first frost is usually the first week or so in November.... wonder if that will be early....

BAWK BAWK

Quote:
It's windy like that today, and a big fire in the canyons around the 5 and 210 fwy's. I know it doesn't ever get 'that' cold here in so cal, but it's cold for us lol.

Saturday it was so cold up here with a cold wind blowing, we went down to Bakersfield to get warm ! (and go shopping) It was about 70 there, and boy did we appreciate it- but we seldom go "down the hill" in the summer !

We just moved from the bay area to Reno...Friday SNOW! 23F @ night....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Already using the water de-icer...But it's pretty! (Ya pretty frikin' cold.....)
100_0989.jpg

That picture is gorgeous! I love snow!

It's unseasonably warm here in Michigan right now. It's been almost 80 degrees here all weekend. I'm ready for some crisp fall nights, and they're not happening. Argh!

Back
Top Bottom