Icelandic Chickens

Nice to see you back Cyn!

I was seeing more and more chicks with a weird feather abnormality and I tried to rid my flock of it by re-homing all roos but my original but that didn't work. So I re-homed all my Icelandics except my original pair. I am going to hatch some of their eggs and also will be getting some more hatching eggs from Sigrid when she returns from Iceland in August.

Muscovie, Stella is only part Icelandic so I don't ever hatch her eggs. She lays a light green egg instead of a white egg. Somewhere her parents, probably an Icelandic and EE met, fell in love and had Stella who would later rise to fame as a Gypsy chicken.

Mary

Muscovie, Stella is only part Icelandic so I don't ever hatch her eggs. She lays a light green egg instead of a white egg. Somewhere her parents, probably an Icelandic and EE met, fell in love and had Stella who would later rise to fame as a Gypsy chicken.

Mary
I know I was just saying you were keeping her.
wink.png

Nice to see you back Cyn!

I was seeing more and more chicks with a weird feather abnormality and I tried to rid my flock of it by re-homing all roos but my original but that didn't work. So I re-homed all my Icelandics except my original pair. I am going to hatch some of their eggs and also will be getting some more hatching eggs from Sigrid when she returns from Iceland in August.

Mary

What does this feather abnormality look like? I haven't been keeping up with this thread and didn't realize there was an "issue". I had six Icelandic chicks, out of twenty four eggs, hatch yesterday. Had I known about this I wouldn't have bought the eggs.

This pullet almost looks splash, she's super friendly. First hot day here, that's why her wings are out. I think she'll be the first to lay:

I must have the brother to your pullet .. not only do they look just alike, but he's feather-legged AND super friendly, too ..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom