Ideas/help needed with run for ducks

Pics

GracieJ

Songster
Feb 16, 2018
Wales, UK
So I need to buy a run for my ducks but need some help and advice please.

It would be holding 7 call ducks in the night and bad weather
8DDE1EC6-5115-482A-9481-18261493C8D2.png

My mother wants this coop;
It’s 140x80cm but I don’t think it’s big enough. Perks it it already comes with a roof.
885B89E8-3AB9-47A9-9C60-BDF13D5AA833.png
then there’s this one which I like and it’s big but would need to make a roof? And would also need one panel off to attach to coop
CA5E6988-055F-4CD4-946E-383833F3C572.png

I have the idea of this dog pen, it’s 245cm by 80cm But I would need to add a roof, how would I do this? Was thinking just mesh stapled on?

Any advice would be so helpful please :)

What are the dimensions of the top two? I like the one with the top - because you would only have to add an apron for diggers, but you could add a top to the others. The 3rd one looks like you would have to add hw cloth and a top. But, not sure what you deal with as far as predators in the UK.
Can you get dog kennels there? Or would it not be in your budget?

What are the dimensions of the top two? I like the one with the top - because you would only have to add an apron for diggers, but you could add a top to the others. The 3rd one looks like you would have to add hw cloth and a top. But, not sure what you deal with as far as predators in the UK.
Can you get dog kennels there? Or would it not be in your budget?

The one with the roof is 140cm (w) x 91cm (D) x 88cm (H). The large panel didn't give dimensions as a whole but for each panel it gave these dimensions: 36inch x24inch, 2ft by 3ft and 61cm by 92cm - whatever that means haha! How could I add a top? Would it just be easier to by the already topped one even if it is smaller? We have foxes, lots and lots of them they are evil. Dog kennels are out of my budget I'm afraid :( The cost well into the £££ over here x

Same here just need to cover the top with bird netting of something that is sturdy but fencing looks good.

How tall are they? is there a gate on the top one?

Thank you for your reply! Not exactly sure on the height of the large panel one from ebay, I believe it is 2ft by 3 ft? There's no gate on the roofed run and one side is already removed to be able to attach to a coop. x

4.59 x 2.9 x 2.88 I had to convert to feet. This is roughly 10 sq ft. Just barely enough for one duck.

The second one each panel is 3 x2 - which is 8x6 in feet. 48sq ft. Better.

The last one is about 2x3 ft. 6sq feet. Not enough room at all. Plus, it is low.

Your best bet would be the middle one if each individual panel is 2x3 ft. Which means each panel is 2 ft wide and 3 high. Not very high, but you could add to the top maybe? I would clarify with the seller before purchasing though.

Last edited:
4.59 x 2.9 x 2.88 I had to convert to feet. This is roughly 10 sq ft. Just barely enough for one duck.

The second one each panel is 3 x2 - which is 8x6 in feet. 48sq ft. Better.

The last one is about 2x3 ft. 6sq feet. Not enough room at all. Plus, it is low.

Your best bet would be the middle one if each individual panel is 2x3 ft. Which means each panel is 2 ft wide and 3 high. Not very high, but you could add to the top maybe? I would clarify with the seller before purchasing though.

Thank you ever so much for your help! I really appreciate it! We purchased the panelled one today and I'm going to make a roof/add more panels to it when I can. My babies went outside for the first time today (supervised in one small area) and now they don't want to come back in haha! They cant wait for their run as well. Cheers Soon2BChixMom! x

Back
Top Bottom