If you have long-term houseguests....

That's not good at all! I hate house guests, especially when they treat your house as a hotel. I am always paranoid about overstaying my welcome, so I do more chores at other peoples house that I usually do at my own!

My in-laws drive me NUTS every time they come visit. The last time they came out, they came out to "work" and help us clean up our yard, but somehow I feel like their maid when they come. My FIL will sometimes help, but my MIL and SIL sit around expecting to be waited on. We don't drink coffee, but we have a coffee pot for when they come. They never fail to leave us with a full pot of coffee and other "gifts" around the house. I just thank God that we live far enough away from them that they don't bring their dog over (who snaps at my daughter, but can't be disciplined for it because my DD might try to discipline him too
roll.png
).

I feel your pain. Your guests sound a lot worse than mine!

Last edited:
Well DH laid down the law today and I hope things are going to improve. I flat out told him that I would go to Florida to visit my dad if things continued the way they were and that I would stay there as long as they stayed here.
Impy, I like the camper idea tremendously. Don't laugh, but we are already discussing something along those lines. We have plenty of land and more than one electric meter box, water hook-up, etc. Seems like the perfect solution to me.
I think I waited too late in life to become a hermit, but now that I am one I find I truly love it.

It's having relatives descend... that two weeks turned into months... kind of thing that is (okay not THE but one of) the reason I want to move away... not 5000 miles... but an hour... so it's worth it to call (and we can answer or not) before spending the gas to come... OHHHH YEAHHHHH.

Glad to hear that DH stepped up to the plate. Always nice when you get a little support.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom