Illinois...

Testing out my new toy!

It was very easy to set up. I had to move the turkey eggs around a bit to make sure they would turn. The quail eggs roll more half hazard, but they're going to be moved at some point anyway.
View attachment 2072194

I like the compact size
View attachment 2072195

The only thing I wasn't able to figure out is how to change the #incubation days. It's auto default is 21, but I want to increase it to 28. I held down the button as stated in the instructions, but all it did was indicate the # of days. The + - buttons did nothing. If I can't figure it out, I guess I could just reset it in a week when 21 days are left.
How long do quail take?

Faraday40
posted.
Testing out my new toy! :thumbsup
I like the compact size

IMG_2859.JPG

I like the 360 view:thumbsup

18 days, so they will be moving to a different hatcher /incubator. I will probably add a couple chicken eggs next week. The chicks help the clueless poults learn to eat/drink.

:fl If I'm really lucky Cookie will go broody in the next 1-2 weeks.
I've had quail hatch on day 17 and up until day 20. Just so you know what to expect from those eggs.

I've had quail hatch on day 17 and up until day 20. Just so you know what to expect from those eggs.
In 6 days I'll move the quail to the old incubator & probably add some orp eggs to the turkeys.

From what I remember, quail go from pip to hatch very quickly.
Nothing..... nothing..... nothing.... Look there's 3 quail zooming around the incubator.... and another 4,,,and.... so on.

I will have to try those turnips... I have not seen those. Where did you get the seeds or are they common and I just didn't pay attention
I misspelled that . Shogoin eBay has them . I got mine local but they no longer carry them . They self seed for years . A Japanese type so likely slightly different species . Any Japanese type should be as hardy .

Back
Top Bottom