I'm a Hero! My BIG Nite Out in Smalltown USA

LauraJean, you should read "Bingo Night at the Fire Hall" by Barbara Holland. I think you might see some similarity there to your little town.
wink.png
It's one of my favorite books.

Quote:
I know, I was KICKING myself for not bidding on the quilt! What'd that go for, $3 bucks?

Incidentally, I DO play violin. I'm a novice and was trying to learn more fiddling style stuff a few years back but haven't been very diligent. When some of them played, I was seriously thinking to myself, "Oh my God, I could compete with these guys". If you knew how sad my playing is you'd know how bad theirs must have been, lol.

But yeah, it was a good time. I love the amusement of small town antics. Guess that's why I moved to one.

Quote:
That sounds right up my alley. I just checked Amazon but it doesn't show it available. Maybe I can find one on Ebay. Have you ever read "The Egg & I" by Betty MacDonald? Sounds like the same type thing. She writes about life on an egg farm in a small town. I love that book!

That was really interesting. I can't believe you were the highest bidder! It IS a shame you didn't bid on the quilt, but who knew?

Back
Top Bottom