Pics
I'm so jealous, wahhh!!! They're beautiful!

I am slowly giving up hope. Losing my will to live. All my life's energy, love, and spare change goes towards my chickens, none of whom reward me with their golden, million dollar eggs. Black Betty, my bantam cochin's comb and wattles are so red and plump they look like they're gonna explode. Still nothing....no squatting, no moist oval-shaped vent. (EWWWW!) I'm very sad.

Have you searched everywhere? When I first opened the nest boxes, they slept in it a couple of nights, and my layer waited until my kids left the sunroom open and laid in there 2 days in a row!

Attachments

• 0914171604-1.jpg
    0914171604-1.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 14
I'm so jealous, wahhh!!! They're beautiful!

I am slowly giving up hope. Losing my will to live. All my life's energy, love, and spare change goes towards my chickens, none of whom reward me with their golden, million dollar eggs. Black Betty, my bantam cochin's comb and wattles are so red and plump they look like they're gonna explode. Still nothing....no squatting, no moist oval-shaped vent. (EWWWW!) I'm very sad.

:hit:confused::pop

Aww.... don't get weepy now -- your turn is coming very very soon! They are still young yet. I'll bet you get an egg (or more) in the next couple of weeks.

I have 2 white eggers that lay beautiful blue eggs then 2 brown eggers that started laying olive colored eggs.. when the 2nd olive egger started laying, the 2 blues stopped. I just now started getting a single blue egg again this week. Not sure why the blue eggers stopped laying. I have 12 pullets and the most I've gotten in a single day is 8. Oddly enough, it seems my most consistent layer is my sebright bantam, but she's the only one whose egg I can 100% say is hers. I know the 2 white eggers lay blue, and the 2 brown eggers lay green, but can't tell who actually laid the eggs. I just know I've gotten 2 of a color in the same day so I know both are laying. Then I have 7 various breeds who lay brown eggs. The most brown eggs in one day is 6 so I *think* everyone is laying, but not every day. It seems strange though b/c it seems like my supposedly low egg production (52 / year accding to wiki) sebright is laying 4-6 days a week and my other birds don't seem to be laying as often. I was told they production birds needed more protein so I mixed layer feed w/ feather fixer, but it hasn't seemed to help much. I did notice before my girls started laying that they'd start submitting to our cockerel for mating. Before they were ready they'd run away and squawk when he tried, but just before they started laying they'd squat down for him.

Have you searched everywhere? When I first opened the nest boxes, they slept in it a couple of nights, and my layer waited until my kids left the sunroom open and laid in there 2 days in a row!

Oh yeah, trust me, I'm like a kid on an Easter egg hunt, no stone unturned! If there's an egg I will find it.I had to block off the nest boxes because they were all sleeping in them and pooping. Hubby put in a bigger perch, and now 4 of my 5 sleep on it regularly. Today I will open up one nest box, and if the Cemanis stay on their perch at night, I'll open the rest.

Your little bird is very prettty, what breed is she?

Have you actually tried this? Sounds interesting.

I have not actually tried it, but know of several folks here that have. I was just about to try it with one blue bantam cochin when i finally figured her out, while others were broody. I've had so many broodies, off and on all year, the laying rotates, so most got sorted out that way for me.

Back
Top Bottom