Im not too sure if what this is.

-Chanticleer-

Crowing
May 18, 2023
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
My buff chantecler has had it rough. She seems to be growing so slow and hasn’t had her teenage molt yet. She’s always scraggly. She has been sick twice since a chick and now she is sick for a third time. She is my favorite because she always seems happy and is a lap chicken when I’m outside. I noticed her sneezing and then mucous for about a week. I have been putting antibiotics in the waterer for all the chickens because I witness her snot going into the waterer. I don’t want anyone else getting whatever this is. She isn’t lethargic and is still eating running around and drinking. But I just want to know should I be doing more and if so what. Also, what is this that she has? She’s dirty from her snot. I bathed her two days ago and now she’s back dirty from it. I don’t want to bathe her often because it’s hot here and I don’t want to shock or stress her out further.

Attachments

• IMG_0787.jpeg
    IMG_0787.jpeg
    442.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0794.jpeg
    IMG_0794.jpeg
    462.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0793.jpeg
    IMG_0793.jpeg
    461.1 KB · Views: 15
What antibiotic have you been giving her and the dose?

Bubbles in the eyes and mucous like that is usually an indication of respiratory disease like MG.

Flush the eyes with saline, see if you can press out any pus from that sinus. Put terramycin in the eye.

Do you notice any lesions inside the beak or a bad odor?

What antibiotic have you been giving her and the dose?

Bubbles in the eyes and mucous like that is usually an indication of respiratory disease like MG.

Flush the eyes with saline, see if you can press out any pus from that sinus. Put terramycin in the eye.

Do you notice any lesions inside the beak or a bad odor?
Ive been giving denaguard Im the water. Today will be the fifth day of dosing the water. No order or lesions I checked in side her mouth yesterday. I will try and push out the pus from the bulge and update.

Ive been giving denaguard Im the water. Today will be the fifth day of dosing the water. No order or lesions I checked in side her mouth yesterday. I will try and push out the pus from the bulge and update.
Is she drinking the medicated water really well? A lot of birds won't drink Denagard treated water even when it's sweetened.

You may want to try Tylan/Tylosin instead and see if that makes a difference. Tylosin powder can be found Here or Here.

Update she has a sinus infection. Tylan is what was needed, thanks for the recommendation . She’s been eating and running around just fine just looks sad. Her face has actually improved a lot, not as much snot since the antibiotics was given. I gave her another bath to remove the snot off her feathers she wasn’t happy. She doesn’t feel warm today. Breathing through her nose more. I did apply vet RX to kinda use as chicken vapor rub. She’s mad in this picture. She put up a fight in the bath before calming down. I took her actions as feeling better because usually a super sick chicken will let you handle them however without a fight. I have her secluded in my garden during the day so she can see everyone and she prefers the garden anyway.

Back
Top Bottom