I'm Sending Feed to be Analyzed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Yes, supplements, as in plants we eat and add to our plant meals, to supplement nutrients

.... the supplements are plants. They are part of the diet, not separate from it.
A varied plant diet gives all the amino acids we need.

I answered properly and in depth on the vegan thread, look forward to discussing it there 🤝
My brain hurts. I responded on other thread. Thanks for sending me over there. I just want to note here to end it. Supplements are man made things we add to a diet ( the real food we eat) to fix the gap in the lack of macro or micro nutrients that our current diet isn’t providing. Maybe there is misunderstanding of that in this conversation.

I've been vegetarian for decades. I'm still here. Haven't wasted away yet. Only supplement I take is calcium. Doc says she wishes her numbers (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc etc) were as good as mine. Idk if that means anything if I'm not vegan, though. I still have milk products and eggs, though I'm not particularly fond of either.

I've been vegetarian for decades. I'm still here. Haven't wasted away yet. Only supplement I take is calcium. Doc says she wishes her numbers (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc etc) were as good as mine. Idk if that means anything if I'm not vegan, though. I still have milk products and eggs, though I'm not particularly fond of either.
Some people can be vegan and never take any vitamin supplements, other people can't. That the problem with diets and lifestyles what fits one won't fit another. :idunno

I work on a farm, I tan, I should be able to make my own Vit d. I can't and I'm on 5k daily in summer and 10k in winter. Gotta keep a eye on my folic acid and b12 too, and I'm on a pretty omnivore style diet. Almost all the meat I eat we either raised or hunted, veggies we try to go more organic but I live in Mississippi. We're lucky to have actually two grocery stores in the same small town.

My camp in all of this is this: If it works for you awesome, be it vegan or keto. Don't though go play doctor and berate people for not eating your way or attack people who politely bring up the flaws in said diets/lifestyles. I say polite because I know folks aint gonna be like that.

Some people can be vegan and never take any vitamin supplements, other people can't. That the problem with diets and lifestyles what fits one won't fit another. :idunno

I work on a farm, I tan, I should be able to make my own Vit d. I can't and I'm on 5k daily in summer and 10k in winter. Gotta keep a eye on my folic acid and b12 too, and I'm on a pretty omnivore style diet. Almost all the meat I eat we either raised or hunted, veggies we try to go more organic but I live in Mississippi. We're lucky to have actually two grocery stores in the same small town.

My camp in all of this is this: If it works for you awesome, be it vegan or keto. Don't though go play doctor and berate people for not eating your way or attack people who politely bring up the flaws in said diets/lifestyles. I say polite because I know folks aint gonna be like that.
I don't really berate anybody for anything - lol! I am a peacekeeper. Hence my offer to send feed for analysis...

I don't really berate anybody for anything - lol! I am a peacekeeper. Hence my offer to send feed for analysis...
Oh not you, it just a general statement for both parties. I have had one too many people try to tell me Keto will cure me or Veganism :barnie I can't wait to see your feed results. We been feeding local for a good 5 years so never had the issues reported. Typically if we can't find eggs it's either; broodies, predators, our dogs, or new spot I haven't found.

I want to say same but unfortunately sometimes I get too passionate and maybe overstep boundaries. Trying to shut up more and be more open minded though, I'm just awful with people 😂

I have a lot of respect for people who raise their own animals etc. Its mainly factory farming etc that I can't stand.

Any updates on the feed testing? I've stopped getting notifications for this thread, not sure if I've missed anything

I want to say same but unfortunately sometimes I get too passionate and maybe overstep boundaries. Trying to shut up more and be more open minded though, I'm just awful with people 😂

I have a lot of respect for people who raise their own animals etc. Its mainly factory farming etc that I can't stand.

Any updates on the feed testing? I've stopped getting notifications for this thread, not sure if I've missed anything
I live in Mississippi where unfortunately commercial poultry set ups is the main agriculture industry. I may not like it but with AI we gotta watch each others back. That why I dislike this feed conspiracy because I been having to defend US commercial ag industry :he sadly the other extreme isn't any better with the whole "ACV and Essential Oils cure everything."

You are getting everything you need 👍

That was me.
Glyphosate toxicity is not associated with reduced rate of lay as any of its top symptoms.

Small study, reduced sperm motility
No variation in rate of lay (minor variation in other metrics, small study)
Compensation study
Fish

Glyphosate technical sheet

I'll grant its not well studied, but the limited studies so far show no significant association - and there is plenty of commercial, profit-related reason why even small changes in rate of lay could be significant, given allowed limits in glyphosate residues in common feed ingredients, corn, particularly. The lack of study suggests commercial producers aren't currently concerned at current residue limits.
Glyphosate, which is in many weed killers, is suspected to cause cancer. Especially in those that use it frequently, such as ground keepers, farmers that use herbicide to spray pasture fences, etc. If it’s in our chicken feed, and that’s their main source of sustenance, especially during the winter months, would it not be plausible that a chicken’s body would have adverse effects? Such as no laying, eggs that are misshapen, (other than the normal misshapen every once in awhile), molts that seem to take longer than usual. You posted that there was a problem with sperm motility. Would that not possibly lower hatch rates, or even chicks born sterile? All of which would disrupt food chain even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom