I'm soooooo bummed out!

I did have a RIR who laid brown eggs for a couple of years and then suddenly started laying white eggs. Shortly after that she stopped laying eggs altogether!

I guess you never really know for sure.

When I look at the egg, if I squint really hard and think, "blue, blue, blue" it does appear to have a vague tint of blue! (probably like the blueing they put in laundry to make the whites whiter!!!!!)

I think I'm losing my mind...

I have a hen that lays a white egg with brown spots..........funky!

Lynne
bun.gif

tongue.png

Chin up - it will happen.

Do your chickens "squat" when you approach them? Every single one of mine started squatting shortly before they started laying. Just something to look for while you're waiting ever so patiently! : )

egg color can vary a bit... I've got 5 chickens and I have more than 5 shades of brown in any week. but i wouldn't expect a shift from white-white to robin's egg blue.

ditto the earlier post on americaunas, I've had a variety of those and all produced colored eggs, from palest blue or green to a clear light blue and a dark near olive green.

I know I'm nitpicking, but this bird was supposed to be an Americauna. Judging from the way she turned out, I'd guess she's an EE at best. She has the "beard", pea comb, and grey legs.

She is totally cool looking - to me she looks like a bald eagle, or hawk.

I suppose that's a fair trade off for the non-spectacular eggs!

I would be very bummed too if I waited so long for the first blue egg and it was white. Even green would somewhat console me, but white! If I want white I'd get a White Leghorn. So sorry for the disappointment. On the positive side, at least she's laying
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom