Impacted crop, post op feeding problem

Cozieboy101

Hatching
Sep 24, 2023
Hi.
I recently had to perform Impacted crop surgery on one of my Hens, everything went OK.
Its been 5 days now and I've been gradually working her food up to mash after feeding her scrambled egg mixed with yogurt and ACV in her water.
Problem is her poo just looks like undigested food mixed with water (she is drinking constantly)
Will her digestion go back to normal or is there some way I need to kick-start this process??
Also her scar has popped a bit on the outside but can't be closed again due to the scabbing, it doesn't seem to be infected or necrotic at all, do I just leave this and hope it heals itself up?
She seems fine otherwise and is very perky.

You aren't going to find many here that have ever done that to their chicken, but I'm sure there are a few. Is the crop seeming normal now albeit the scar?

I'm not sure that the poop has anything to do with the surgery, though, as her body is still working the same regardless. I'd get some Greek yogurt unless that's what yours is as it's higher in probiotics.

Could you post a picture of her crop and her poop so we could see what's going on better?

You aren't going to find many here that have ever done that to their chicken, but I'm sure there are a few. Is the crop seeming normal now albeit the scar?

I'm not sure that the poop has anything to do with the surgery, though, as her body is still working the same regardless. I'd get some Greek yogurt unless that's what yours is as it's higher in probiotics.

Could you post a picture of her crop and her poop so we could see what's going on better?
Will do tomorrow (night time here in scotland)
Thnx for reply.x

Back
Top Bottom