In need of help

Believe me....They seam to stop moving and rest lists before they hatch...They can internally pip and then take 24 hours before they externally pip.....Then take 12 hours before they zip out of the shell.....stressful times!!

Cheers!

Sometimes you can see their little beak when they've internally pipped if you candle. There isn't much room in the eggs for movement. But yes...sometimes they will make tiny chirps once they internally pip. Sometimes I get a clucking hen on you tube on my phone and I set it on the incubator and play it to the chicks.
roll.png
That usually gets the eggs chirping.

I'm so sorry to the other chicks were deceased. The picture of the dead chick you posted still had a partial yolk sac which would mean it died before it was ready to hatch. The yolk sac is absorbed before the chick hatches.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you've been asked...were these hatching eggs your own or were they shipping eggs?

Sometimes shipped eggs don't do as well because of all that they've been through in the travel. I've purchased eggs and brought them home myself and I still didn't have a good hatch. Some have good results with hatched eggs. So far, I'm not one of them.

I just wanted to take time to say thank you everyone for all the support and advice pertaining to our littles ones that did not make it. We have learned what we did wrong though. So for anyone using a styrofoam incubator from tractor supply and turner, if your power goes out, if even for 1 second, make sure you reset the temps back on the bator. Ours reset back to factory settings. Which is what caused them to not make it. We do have 13 more in now so will keep you all posted. Again thanks for all your help.

I'm sorry to hear about your chicks, but I'm glad you figured out what happened. That's half the battle.

And thank you so much for updating us. This information may help someone else one day. And that would be fantastic if you would keep us updated!

I wish you the best on this new hatch.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom