Yeah, I figured that would happen one way or another so why not just dive all the way in. Haha. Seems roosters always outnumber hens.
Not always. I hatched out 5 girl's and one boy a couple of month's ago, but the boy was too weak to thrive, so I had to order more hatching egg's that I am expecting to arrive tomorrow, so that I can hopefully hatch a male for these girl's. I want to breed the Bielefelder's. They are sexable at hatch.

Not always. I hatched out 5 girl's and one boy a couple of month's ago, but the boy was too weak to thrive, so I had to order more hatching egg's that I am expecting to arrive tomorrow, so that I can hopefully hatch a male for these girl's. I want to breed the Bielefelder's. They are sexable at hatch.
That's good to hear. Aw, poor little roo. Good luck with your new eggs. I just recently got my first incubator. I set it up to run for a few days today to see where it naturally levels itself with humidity and check temperature reads. There are so many different breeds I want. Haha. Sexable at hatch would make things a breeze in my opinion.

Wish I could, but I only have mixed roosters! If I still had my polish rooster, I would send you some eggs! Too bad he was a jerk.:hmm I hope you get what you’re looking for!

Wish I could, but I only have mixed roosters! If I still had my polish rooster, I would send you some eggs! Too bad he was a jerk.:hmm I hope you get what you’re looking for!
Haha. Seems there are lots of stories of jerk roosters. I've only seen eggs for them once so far and they were waayyy out of my price range for just a couple. Lol. I might have to get my hands on mixes eventually. I just adore their head plumes (probably a proper word, I just don't know it 😀)

Back
Top Bottom