Haha. Seems there are lots of stories of jerk roosters. I've only seen eggs for them once so far and they were waayyy out of my price range for just a couple. Lol. I might have to get my hands on mixes eventually. I just adore their head plumes (probably a proper word, I just don't know it 😀)
I only keep sweetie roosters, and the nicest ones I’ve gotten happen to be mixes. Neither is a year old yet, but they haven’t shown a single sign of aggression, and Blue is almost a year old.

Blue-
C92FAA76-9DB5-4D11-BBEC-3939DF5430BC.jpeg

Gus-
0C45AF8A-3E40-4019-819C-0041A1BFBE07.jpeg

Thank you! Yeah, he is the serious one because he keeps them all in order. Gus is bigger though. He is about 2 feet tall! We’ll have to try hatching some eggs from them this spring!:love
Aw, that's too cute. Gus looks huge! His coloring is gorgeous. Fingers crossed you hatch some as well behaved as your current ones.

:frow:frow
Hello everyone! Happy Holidays!

I'm trying to plan ahead of time and figure out my game plan.

So I'm searching early as I plan to acquire probably Feb.-Mar. '22.

I've looked at hatcheries and either they don't have what I want in hatching eggs or after doing research, their company/business ethics aren't that great so I'd love to try with a member or two here at BYC.

I'm in search of hatching eggs for-

*Dominique (which will be my main birds)

*Silver Laced Polish or White Crested Black Polish

I will be starting with a smaller flock so probably interested in 6-8 of the Dominique, and maybe 4 of Silver Laced/White Crested.

Thank you for reading this far and any help would be amazing!
I agree with your concerns regarding the ethics of hatcheries. Also, how can the little ones not suffer trauma from that kind of start on life?

Back
Top Bottom