incubated eggs always die at day 14!

chickenshiha

Songster
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
palestine
So i have a still air 60 egg incubator and most of my country use and always get good results. First time i used it i only hatched one chick from 60 eggs and they all died at day 14 to 21 and 3 died at pipping. Now its day 14 on my second try with only 8 eggs left ( they were 20 but had to throw 12 cuz they all died today) i candled them and and no viens or movment but on day 11 i candled them and they were all moving. The temp is always still on 37.8 and i use dried incubation as my brother put water at 65% humidity and they all drowned. I cracked the eggs open and the chicks look fine but no life . Please help me

So i have a still air 60 egg incubator and most of my country use and always get good results. First time i used it i only hatched one chick from 60 eggs and they all died at day 14 to 21 and 3 died at pipping. Now its day 14 on my second try with only 8 eggs left ( they were 20 but had to throw 12 cuz they all died today) i candled them and and no viens or movment but on day 11 i candled them and they were all moving. The temp is always still on 37.8 and i use dried incubation as my brother put water at 65% humidity and they all drowned. I cracked the eggs open and the chicks look fine but no life . Please help me

What you've described makes me suspect the incubator may be the culprit. Do you have a second thermometer to verify that the temperature reading is accurate?

Another possibility is the eggs themselves. Are they from the same source or different sources?

Guide-To-Better-Hatching-2012-MD.jpg

A copy of this little book is worth its weight in gold if you want to incubate and hatch eggs.

I was thinking the same as the poster above me. Can you use a second thermometer to verify the temperature reading is correct?

What you've described makes me suspect the incubator may be the culprit. Do you have a second thermometer to verify that the temperature reading is accurate? 

Another possibility is the eggs themselves. Are they from the same source or different sources?
yes i took my brother thermometer and it reads 37.7 and some eggs are mine and some not just like last time half mine and half not but from another different person

So, I am having the same problem, with chicks dying at day 14. The last three hatches I lost more than half of the chicks around day 14. I broke them open and there was sufficient yolk sac left. So I experimented. I mooched 12 fertile cochin eggs from a friend and batched them with 13 of my cream legbar eggs that I've been trying to hatch all summer. 9 out of 12 of the cochin eggs developed and all of them hatched on time without incident. The cream legbar eggs however did not fare well, like all the previous hatches; day 7, 8 out of 13 developed with two 2 out of the five that didn't develop showing the "ring of death". The eight was reduced to four on day 14 when they showed no further development since around day 7. Only 1 of the last 4 cream legbar eggs hatched and it was a male. The three others were females with substantial yolks remaining. The big difference was the cochins were only fed layer and my flock had to switch to flock raiser and starter temporarily because I added new chicks to the flock mid season. My question is, does the higher protein diet in the starter cause deficiencies in the chicks development? The same thing happened with my ducks too, and those eggs are usually bullet proof.

Back
Top Bottom