Incubating cracked egg..!

Elixafar

Chirping
Jan 19, 2021
Hello..
I had some eggs in bator. Its day 8. One egg was cracked by me accidently from the side where air sac is located. I watched a video of guy. He applied nail polish on crack. I also done same. And put some tape on cracked spot. Today i candeled that egg. The embroy is developing.... I want to ask that this chick will hacth or not.....?
IMG_20210128_230353.jpg

I want to give an update that my egg has started oozing liquid. I noticed liquid had formed on the egg next to it ( I really hope that doesn't end up causing problems too) and it seems the cracked egg has been dripping onto that egg. I have candled the egg and something developed in there but now liquid is seeping out of a tiny hole so I don't know if it is dead or not now. Doesn't seem too promising anymore. It's day 17
My eggs are on day 18 today. I candled them yesterday. The chick in cracked egg was alive. Hope he makes to the end....

fingers crossed for you, I am incubating a cracked egg for the first time too, I'm on day 8 but I cracked it at the beginning. Mine runs along the side which I don't feel is too bad. The downside to your crack is that you had to seal up the place the chick is meant to crack open the shell (if it makes it without bacterial infection) which would make it harder for the chick to do and might need assistance due to the tape and hardened polish.

Good luck!

I have successfully hatched cracked eggs in the past, but only ones that were cracked after being put in the bator. I had an egg in my current brood that was cracked when I put it in, but it never developed. The crack was a stress fracture and most likely it was a late laid egg and froze overnight, so it could have been the freezing that did it in.

Again, good luck.

Hello..
I had some eggs in bator. Its day 8. One egg was cracked by me accidently from the side where air sac is located. I watched a video of guy. He applied nail polish on crack. I also done same. And put some tape on cracked spot. Today i candeled that egg. The embroy is developing.... I want to ask that this chick will hacth or not.....?
View attachment 2506337
I incubated my first cracked egg several months ago, and she was one of the only two ducklings to hatch out of the clutch. And is currently doing just fine with her new family.

Be careful at hatch, the chick will not be able to break through the tape over the air cell, so it will make it very difficult for him to externally pip. @MGG, @shawluvsbirds do you think she should take the tape off after the chick internally pips? Or is that a bad idea?
Thank u. I will keep him under observation. I think i should remove tape on day 20 or before it start pips...!

Back
Top Bottom