INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look how big my three- week- old chicks are!

Haha,keep making fun of me.
You brought it on yourself, Seth,

You need 7 cabinet 'bators like you need 2 heads. What you need is a reality check

Where are you going to get the money to build them? They don't give the components away

Where are you going to get the money to buy enough eggs to fill them? You can't expect to continue getting all your eggs shipped to you for free

Even if you managed to get all those eggs, and somehow managed to hatch even 50% of them, where would you get rid of that many day-old chicks on a regular basis?

Where are you going to get the layers to produce that many eggs? You can't rely on people to give you that many hens. Even if you could, they're not going to give their best breeding stock away.

With the volume you're talking about, you'd soon flood the local market; then what? Even if you started shipping eggs, the shipping charges alone would keep you broke until you could get a reputation for supplying eggs from top-of-the-line breeders.

You better spend some time thinking this through before you jump into it.

Everything went as planned they even fixed old mesh from a previous surgery while they had the scope in there. New kinda VELCRO mesh interesting stuff. Although he THINKS he is dying, he will be just fine. I took his bell from him an hour after being home and things are much better now! LMAO!! Thank you for asking!!

Last edited:
I want guinea eggs.I have one adult white male.but no females.I had bought four.young guineas with him but all them died
CH do me a favor, KNOCK the I WANT out of your vocabulary please.
instead use someday I will be able to buy my own guinea eggs, I cant wait until I have a job and can get the things I love!

Sorry all, but hello, dealing with flu bug lac of sleep and not a happy camper this week....

But here is what I have so far besides a headache and really sick belly

healthy momma and nine pups thank God its over now....

So why aren't all the eggs green?

Maybe blue is recessive?

not at all!
In chickens there is only 2 egg shell color white and blue.
The brown is anoter featcher that chicken that have it smire a brown color, protoporphyrin which is derived from hemoglobin on the egg shell.
If the egg is white you will recive a brown egg
If the egg is blue you will recive a GREEN egg.
Every Genetic trait is determined by at least 2 gene.
In chicken the white gene ( lets call it -w ) is recessive to the gene that produce the oocianin ( let call it -W) which give the blue color. And the there is anoter separate gene that give the brown coating.
So what posability we have
ww- white
WW -blue
Ww- blue

ww + brown gene= brown egg
Ww+brown gene= green egg
WW + brown gene= green egg

If you cross 2 green eggers it depends on the combination of gene in the parants

If the parents are
WW ×WW the 2 with the B gene all the hens will lay green
If the parents are
WW×Ww withe Brown gene all the hens will lay green

BUT
IF THE PARENTS ARE
Ww x Ww + the brown gene
You will have hens thay will lay Green eggs ( WW and the Ww combination with tge brown gene)
And some will lay Brown eggs ( ww + brown egg combination)

Uffff that was hard!

Last edited:
Can ya see that one? It says the other is old. The moderate powder dose is 3/4 tsp/gallon. The severe is 1.5 tsp per gallon.
Correct! Then 7-14 days at 1/3 teaspoon per gallon.
I think you will find that most people on BYC choose to treat for the severe outbreak, which means the 0.024% level.

First we need to know that the Corid sold in the US is labeled for cattle, not poultry, so that means the directions on the bag and bottle are for cattle. Labeled for cattle doesn't mean that we can't use in on other species, but that we need to figure out the proper dosing for other species.

Corid = Amprol = AmproMed. All are the same, so follow directions for them and you'll be just fine!

The 0.006% for dose Corid Powder is 1/3 teaspoon.
The 0.006% dose for Corid liquid is 1/2 teaspoon.

The moderate outbreak dose of 0.012% for Corid Powder is 3/4 teaspoon.
The moderate outbreak dose of 0.012% for Corid liquid is 1 teaspoon.

The severe outbreak dose of 0.024% for Corid Powder is 1.5 teaspoons
The severe outbreak dose of 0.024% for Corid liquid is 2 teaspoon.

Here are the mixing instructions for Amprol 128:

The AmproMed instructions are the same:

Now what? Now you have to decide if you want to treat for a moderate or severe outbreak, and I think you will find that most people on BYC choose to treat for the severe outbreak, which means the 0.024% level.

8 ounces of powder is 226.796185 grams. So it's 226.796185 grams ÷ 50 gallons = 4.5359237 grams per gallon. 4.5359237 x 200 mg = 907.18474 mg per gallon.

One ounce of these powders = 3.5 tablespoons.

One ounce = 28.3495 grams
3.5 tablespoons = 10.5 teaspoons
28.3495 grams x 200 mg ÷ 10.5 tsp = ~540 mg per tsp.

Desired .024% dose is 907.18474 mg per gallon, so it's 907.18474 / 540 = ~1.68 teaspoons per gallon

Here's the kicker... math shows that one teaspoon should weigh about 2.7 grams, but when I weighed it, it was much closer to 3 grams, so 3 grams x 200 mg x 1.5 tsp = 900mg, which is close enough to the target of 907 mg.

Hope this wasn't too confusing, and as usual, please check my math.
big_smile.png

So what all of the above shows is that the correct dose to treat a severe outbreak is absolutely no less than 1.5 teaspoons per gallon and probably not more than 1.75 teaspoons per gallon.

-Kathy

Quote: I don't want any payment other than postage; happy to do it for you guys. I've learned a lot, laughed a lot 'til I couldn't breathe, & "met" a raft of good, decent folks since this house was built, and prior to that on Sally previous thread...even met a couple of you face-to-face who I was privileged to spend some time with & hope to again. The entire experience has enhanced my life tremendously, & I thank you all.

@chicken hawk 33I want you to know I am glad you come, and you are willing to ask. Sorry if our answers disappoint you. Nothing long term comes from a relationship that young. Even those your age rarely result in anything. In a different time when people married younger and you did not get a divorce maybe, but very rarely now. Concentrate on being a good friend to those around you, seeing and meeting needs, caring when you don't want to, and you will be far ahead. Especially now when people people give up when they don't feel what they want. Feelings are very changeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom