INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before anybody assumes something dirty
hu.gif

Not unusual for a hen to leave the nest for a while; they've got to eat & drink once in a while. I'd watch her, & fire up the incubator again, in case she quits the eggs altogether & you have to take over.

for how long can the broodies leave the nest? I yesterday found mine out and I am not sure for how long she was there. her nest is a bit hidden so she was desperate when I found her. she might have been off for maximum 40 minutes, but I think and hope about 20. the temperature at that time was about 57.

Before anybody assumes something dirty (well, that always helps too
wink.png
) but I "let" my hubby buy a new pistol, if I could set more eggs. Didn't think it was a very fair trade for me, but he was gonna buy it anyway, so I still came out alright!
big_smile.png

And by the way, @kwhites634 - I got him to help me move the baby coop into my wood shop last night!
lol.png
(and that was AFTER he cleaned the duck pool!) That really was a nice pistol
gig.gif
Ya done good!

for how long can the broodies leave the nest? I yesterday found mine out and I am not sure for how long she was there. her nest is a bit hidden so she was desperate when I found her. she might have been off for maximum 40 minutes, but I think and hope about 20. the temperature at that time was about 57.
30 min to an hour is normal

Before anybody assumes something dirty (well, that always helps too
wink.png
) but I "let" my hubby buy a new pistol, if I could set more eggs. Didn't think it was a very fair trade for me, but he was gonna buy it anyway, so I still came out alright!
big_smile.png

And by the way, @kwhites634 - I got him to help me move the baby coop into my wood shop last night!
lol.png
(and that was AFTER he cleaned the duck pool!) That really was a nice pistol
gig.gif
Well Yeah!!! If I let my hubby expand with the fire arms I could too. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom