INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,I went to the coop more broken eggs yolk all over.I took the eggs ran inside and used warm water to keep them from cooling and then went candle them there are baby's developing I am setting the bator up now.Risk what else to do.

Ok,I went to the coop more broken eggs yolk all over.I took the eggs ran inside and used warm water to keep them from cooling and then went candle them there are baby's developing I am setting the bator up now.Risk what else to do.

You're doing all you can.

Is it possible we have an egg eater on the loose?
What I mean is, sometimes chickens discover that eggs are delicious, and they will start cracking them and eating them in the nests. It's a bad habit that is tough to break

Have you seen the rats you were talking about? Did you get rat traps, and yes, there are little stinker chickens that will eat eggs. That's a tough one.

Is it possible we have an egg eater on the loose?
What I mean is, sometimes chickens discover that eggs are delicious, and they will start cracking them and eating them in the nests. It's a bad habit that is tough to break
I dread the day I have to deal with an egg eater. I hope it never comes!

I dread the day I have to deal with an egg eater. I hope it never comes!

It's bad, and they will teach others to do it. I had to cull one in my mixed layer pen because of it. The remaining girls won't break them on their own, but when I'm in the big coop collecting, 3 or 4 hang around just praying I drop one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom