INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

You gotta love those blue chicks, some people just don't get it, you say "blue chicks" and they say "oh I have amercaunas" I have to say not eggs, feathers.

That's what us farm kids do. Well not a kid any more, my youngest is a Senior. Those chickens have made my kids a lot of spending money. We have a lot of animals to tend to other than the fowl.
Farm born and raised here too... I can do the wood building, no prob... I just don't like electricity... it likes ME way too much, lol...
You gotta love those blue chicks, some people just don't get it, you say "blue chicks" and they say "oh I have amercaunas" I have to say not eggs, feathers.
You have gorgeous blues... and those gray eggs... would love to have some of those... :D ;)

yours are different not many have blue chicks like that or gray eggs . that chick looks like it has sheep's wool . mine are ameacaunas and won't grow up to look like yours . no more breds no more breds no more breds no more breds but the gray eggs are soooooooo cool .

I'm not shore but it looks like I might have a hair line external pip

Fingers crossed :) most of mine haven't pipped either and tomorrow is day 22
1f615.png

Trouble navigating site! Ok. Sooo many Qs... what is zipping what is pipping? My eggs roll every time I turn them, what's best way to stabilize? Am I turning too much? It's day 14 for 8 eggs, and 19 or so for 4 eggs. I took them from mommy b/c she wouldn't set after she had one chick. I also had an egg explode when I was removing the older eggs, and found those in the bator-stink, the shell is dirty. Worrying about germs. How do I clean safely? Can't immerse, can i? I've wiped, but they need a better cleaning? Can I put eggs in (cut off) top half of carton to keep from rolling? I don't know what all the marking on eggs tell, I haven't candled since the bb from the first few came along. After the explode, I took the 4, put in LG with 8 fresh eggs. So help with info? The shells seem very hard, humidity is 50-55%. Heat stable at 99.5. Thanx

WOO HOO! Friday night midnight; one egg has a small chip in it! I feel like a new mother...lol. Don't know what to do except 'LEAVE THEM ALONE!!' I removed a few duds last week. today is day 22 and I heard heartbeat in only 3 on day 18, So if I do it right, they hatch and I let them alone for 24 hrs? . my humidity is 58 and temp is 100. Anything I need to know or do right now? 2hrs later... PS AND NOW I hear it chirping!! hole still small, and the whole egg 'reacts' to the flashlight...so cool. juss lettin' it be.

Last edited:
Farm born and raised here too... I can do the wood building, no prob... I just don't like electricity... it likes ME way too much, lol...
You have gorgeous blues... and those gray eggs... would love to have some of those... :D ;)

Those are some beautiful chicks. If there is a gray egg list, could you please add me?

WOO HOO! one egg has a tiny chip in it! I feel like a new mother...lol. Don't know what to do except 'LEAVE THEM ALONE!!' I removed a few duds last week. today is day 22 and I heard heartbeat in only 3 on day 18, So if I do it right, they hatch and I let them alone for 24 hrs? . my humidity is 58 and temp is 100. Anything I need to know or do right now? THANKS

All sounds good to go! I personally have my temps lower during lock down. I go 97 or 99..... A tiny chip can change pretty quick. You may wake up to a baby in the morning. Good luck! Have fun. :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom