Incuview Incubator

@aart I made a divider with your pattern and it came out perfectly. Did you lower the space below the fan or was it just me? There was a gap so I adjusted it upward. Very straightforward and fun though. I still need to cut larger holes like you did. Unfortunately my mesh is soft and flexible, not stiff. I still think it will work. I'm on day 14 and getting nervous

@aart I made a divider with your pattern and it came out perfectly. Did you lower the space below the fan or was it just me? There was a gap so I adjusted it upward. Very straightforward and fun though. I still need to cut larger holes like you did. Unfortunately my mesh is soft and flexible, not stiff. I still think it will work. I'm on day 14 and getting nervous
Yes, probably., can't remember exactly. I noted that the pattern was a bit over sized and would need to be trimmed to fit.

My mesh was pretty flexible, actually good to fit tight to lid..and also good that the lids corner creases hold it in place.

I used a small pair of wire cutters to 'enlarge' the holes.

The top curve needed almost no adjustment for me so maybe that's what created the gap under the fan. I just wasn't sure if I had made a mistake by closing it. This is such a professional looking divider. I saw some of those baby bottle dishwasher crates at a thrift store for uber cheap but I love how this allows for full visibility.

This is my first hatch in the incuview and it's been really easy and fun. I do think it's difficult filling the water trays, but the needle @Ruralhideaway uses makes a big difference. I'm very glad I chose this incubator over the others I was considering

Getting ready for lock down in a couple of days. I think I deserve a crafting badge for cutting all these tiny holes.
20180613_160757.jpg

I'm in lock down right now, with humidity at 65% and one egg pipping early. Lord help me, I'm a nervous mess. To top things off, the power went off for no reason last night! Headed to TSC for starter and shavings so I can finish my brooder.
20180617_204404.jpg

@Ms Biddy good luck! keep us posted. I go into lockdown on Tuesday for my guinea eggs.

Thank you, you too! Two more have pipped and technically I'm still on day 18. I don't believe my incuview was running hot, but the eggs that are pipping are the smaller eggs in the batch so I'm hoping that's the explanation.

Back
Top Bottom