Indio Gigante acting differently

SmexyDuk

Hatching
Jan 27, 2024
Hi! We've recently bought an Indio Gigante male about 6months old. The first few days was fine, then we've decided to mix him with a few hens so he could try to breed with them. (He hasn't touched one of them yet).

About 2 days or so was fine, but today he was making some unusual noises and doesn't seem to move at a certain spot. Making grunting noises and haven't eaten his food that I've given.

I'm not sure if he's currently ill or sick as I'm new to this. Basically zero knowledge with chickens. We've started a backyard farm with different breeds, and we're still trying to figure everything out. Hopefully, someone here can point out what the issue is. I'll attach a vid for reference.

Here's the vid: https://gofile.io/d/lAOpyL

I expected to see a video of normal rooster behaviour calling the girls over to the food and waiting for them to eat, but sorry to say, his affect is very flat and I can hear rales in his breathing which suggests a respiratory infection.

I expected to see a video of normal rooster behaviour calling the girls over to the food and waiting for them to eat, but sorry to say, his affect is very flat and I can hear rales in his breathing which suggests a respiratory infection.
Are there any cures to this problem? I'm quite worried, and will appreciate any help.

Are there any cures to this problem? I'm quite worried, and will appreciate any help.
There are paths forward depending on what the illness is, so it’s a good idea to upload as @casportpony said, so the experts can watch him and weigh in. There’s also a pinned post in the top of the section which explains all the relevant info you’ll need to provide in a new post on your thread before troubleshooting can begin in earnest.

Back
Top Bottom