Injured duck - Leg Was Tied - Photo attached

Vet appointment went well! It looks like her wound scabbed up and the scab started shrinking. The vet removed the scab and has me restarting her on topical.

We had to stop by my office on the way home because I forgot my phone. She's becoming a better passenger.

Last edited:
Vet appointment went well! It looks like her wound scabbed up and the scab started shrinking. The vet removed the scab and has me restarting her on topical.

We had to stop by my office on the way home because I forgot my phone. She's becoming a better passenger.
OMWord!!
love.gif
If you ever get tired of her, let me know!
wink.png

Hope she had on her seat belt. LOL

So relieved to hear nothing serious. Such a precious pic.

She's been making a good recovery once again, though she laid a massive 122g the other day and seems to have taken a few days off to recover. We have snow here today so I'm working from home. I thought it might be nice to have her hang out with the other ducks and go for a swim, so I brought her outside and she b-lined it to the stream and was out with the other ducks for almost an hour before I heard her quacking.

She was standing in the snow at the edge of the stream sopping wet, shivering and quacking. Apparently even though she's had plenty of bath time, her oil gland isn't doing what it needs to for a long swim.

I've brought her inside and she's in the bathroom drying off and warming up.

She's been making a good recovery once again, though she laid a massive 122g the other day and seems to have taken a few days off to recover. We have snow here today so I'm working from home. I thought it might be nice to have her hang out with the other ducks and go for a swim, so I brought her outside and she b-lined it to the stream and was out with the other ducks for almost an hour before I heard her quacking.

She was standing in the snow at the edge of the stream sopping wet, shivering and quacking. Apparently even though she's had plenty of bath time, her oil gland isn't doing what it needs to for a long swim.

Bless her heart. Glad to hear she is back on the mend again.

poor girl
hugs.gif
glad you were home and were able to see her

Back
Top Bottom