Ashley396

In the Brooder
Sep 4, 2019
One of my ducklings got his leg caught in some wire late last night/early this morning. He is drinking water but not eating. I moved him inside so the other ducks wouldn't get on his leg. He can't get up/stand up, of course. I'm not sure what I should do to help him. I'm not even sure if he will make it but I am doing everything I know to do to help him! Any advice is greatly appreciated! We do not have a vet anywhere near that will see a duck for care.

Attachments

• 20190904_215527.jpg
    20190904_215527.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 15
That looks awful! Poor thing!

Does he have any ability to move the leg/foot. This will help me determine if he lost circulation or got a bad bruise. I had the same happen to a baby chick the other day. I would get come vitamins and electrolytes in his water ASAP and maybe moisten the feed to encourage eating.

Let me know how he’s doing in the morning!

That looks awful! Poor thing!

Does he have any ability to move the leg/foot. This will help me determine if he lost circulation or got a bad bruise. I had the same happen to a baby chick the other day. I would get come vitamins and electrolytes in his water ASAP and maybe moisten the feed to encourage eating.

Let me know how he’s doing in the morning!
i realy hope thats blukote not a bruise

@katiebrock is right leg injuries take time. How bad was the wound? Can you get a close up of it? I’d def get some B complex for your little one it will help with healing and support weak muscles. You can pick up liquid b complex at TSC In the cattle dept. peel off the foil and use a dropper to pull out 1 ml daily for your little one. Actually all your duckling can have it if your feeding chick starter. They will need the niacin that the b complex has in it chick starter doesn’t have the amount ducklings need.

Back
Top Bottom