Injury on Polish chick wing

I’m fairly certain it’s not bone as you can feel the difference. It reminds me of like a hard pimple or a wart. That kind of texture

I gave it a bathe and took a pic quick before I dried the area as you can see it better whilst it was still a bit wet. I’m not able to get a pic of under the wing by myself so will try again when my other half is home. Chick doesn’t show any signs that he’s bothered by my touching or moving his wing a wee bit.
The wing seems to have stiffened up a fair bit which made it even harder to look underneath again. After moving some fluff I found this on top of the wing
It’s quite hard. It feels soft like skin, like if I used my nail I could scratch it, but the lump itself is solid. Doesn’t feel fluid filled
Can you take her to a vet?
I'm thinking the yellow hard part is pus (red circle).
The arrow, it looks like she has bruising since it's green.
How did she get this injury - being pulled through wire, predator attack?

upload_2018-6-26_11-13-1.png

Can you take her to a vet?
I'm thinking the yellow hard part is pus (red circle).
The arrow, it looks like she has bruising since it's green.
How did she get this injury - being pulled through wire, predator attack?

View attachment 1444860
I have no idea. We picked her up Sunday when she was two days old. She had the darkened wing then but we just thought it was her colouring until we checked her over the following day. I contacted the person we get them from (more to just get advice) and he said they were fine when they were with him and said he’s come across something similar when the heat is too high. In my opinion we got her like this and if the heat was too high then would the other chicks be like this also? I’ve called my vets and they’re not comfortable treating poultry so have asked for recommendations on one that will have a look at her. It looks like her wing is shrivelling up to be honest, but not sure if that’s just from lack of feathers.

That green bit deffiniately feels squishy like it’s fluid filled. The yellow bit is soft but not squishy....if that makes sense?

Attachments

• CE5E902A-A91D-4D71-8DAC-71AB7C69BF0D.png
    CE5E902A-A91D-4D71-8DAC-71AB7C69BF0D.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 4
He had them under a lamp, which was quite high when I went in to them. We have a heat plate, but again is high as it’s so hot here atm. Have booked her in the vets for tomorrow as I don’t want to be poking it and she ends up losing her wing or something.

He had them under a lamp, which was quite high when I went in to them. We have a heat plate, but again is high as it’s so hot here atm. Have booked her in the vets for tomorrow as I don’t want to be poking it and she ends up losing her wing or something.
Glad you found a vet, since she is so tiny, that's the best route to take.

Is she eating/drinking o.k.?

If you don't mind, please keep us posted on what you find out, what the vet did, etc. I'm curious myself, but the information you provide will be helpful to others in similar situations.

Back
Top Bottom