Qquails899

Songster
Dec 26, 2019
Hungary
I keep quails as pets, I've only had 2 birds so far and they were 2 years old. One passed away this August, leaving the other one lonely. I tried to get an old friend for her, but I couldn't find anyone who sells their older birds so I got one that's about 2 months old. I'm afraid they won't get along well. The old one is pretty anxious all the time, she's been like this for like half a year now and I have no idea why. Was this a bad decision and is there anything I can do to help?

I keep quails as pets, I've only had 2 birds so far and they were 2 years old. One passed away this August, leaving the other one lonely. I tried to get an old friend for her, but I couldn't find anyone who sells their older birds so I got one that's about 2 months old. I'm afraid they won't get along well. The old one is pretty anxious all the time, she's been like this for like half a year now and I have no idea why. Was this a bad decision and is there anything I can do to help?
They will probably be fine just make sure you have same gender and introduce slowly under supervision

If you have a plexiglass divider you can use for a few days, I've found that's highly effective. They eventually get used to seeing each other but not being threatened before being introduced.

If you have a plexiglass divider you can use for a few days, I've found that's highly effective. They eventually get used to seeing each other but not being threatened before being introduced.
They're in separate cages, next to each other at the moment. My old quail is very stressed though, she makes weird noises too.

Back
Top Bottom