Is it hypocritical if you eat fried chicken, but keep chickens as a pet?

bridgetchicken

Songster
Sep 19, 2022
Is it hypocritical if you eat fried chicken, but keep chickens as a pet? I'm worried of what people might think of me for having pet chickens.

I got chickens because I didn't like the way they are raised. I mainly eat eggs , chicken and turkey I have raised and processed myself.
They have a good life and one bad day
Am I crazy for having pet chickens that I will not eat?

Am I crazy for having pet chickens that I will not eat?
Not at all.

We have pet chickens, we have layers, and we occasionally do meat birds.

Do your friends have a fish tank? Based on that, will they not eat tilapia? What about wild salmon or mahi?

Different critters for different purposes. It’s not at all hypocritical to keep one thing as a pet and another for food.

Edit: I suspect the only people that may even say something like that are the crazy vegans. You don’t really want them as friends anyway 😂

Not at all.

We have pet chickens, we have layers, and we occasionally do meat birds.

Do your friends have a fish tank? Based on that, will they not eat tilapia? What about wild salmon or mahi?

Different critters for different purposes. It’s not at all hypocritical to keep one thing as a pet and another for food.

Edit: I suspect the only people that may even say something like that are the crazy vegans. You don’t really want them as friends anyway 😂
Genius. I like that comparison you made between aquariums and fish for human consumption.

as long as you dont show the chickens
Nah, they'd be fine if you let them clean the bones.
Seriously, I used to 'chicken sit' for a buddy, came over one time and there were chicken bones all over the yard, he regularly tossed them out after a barbecue.

Back
Top Bottom