Is it me or the rooster?

So, let me please ask, when he is dominating her, does he release sperm, thereby feeling sexually relieved as a by product?

I don’t have a clue, but I doubt it.

We actually love his crowing. Bur you mention light. Do you mean you leave your coop totally dark? Black dark?

At night, after they are in bed, black dark is good. They are not going anywhere, they don’t need to eat or drink. They don’t excuse themselves and go outside to use the bathroom. With black dark they get good rest.

But they need to be able to see well enough to get to bed as it is getting dark outside. It gets dark inside most coops quicker than it gets dark outside. A window is good. My comment was specifically addressing someone who was having problems with a rooster crowing in the middle of the night. If that becomes an issue for you, then you might want to have some curtains that can cover your windows when you lock them up at night.

Thanks for the Diet Coke out my nose all over my keyboard :gig

We have a Great Dane, so I know right where you're coming from ;)

I'd hoped Ridgerunner would chime in with that nice post. 

I get you on the noise. You'd think a prey animal would be quieter when there's a problem like this, but chickens tend to scream their fool heads off when something happens. Any pecking order dispute seems to involve a lot of vocalization, it's usually how the Omega shows submission, by screaming and running away. Well, she can't run away when he's grabbing her comb, so the screaming increases. 

folks think roosters are noisy and hens are nice and quiet. Wait until your ladies hit point of lay---my coop sounds like the Hallelujah Choir at the moment :rolleyes:

Well, Hallelujah Choir is good! My freind had two Danes, one king bed, no man. One Dane was in bed with her, the other one, who I got her out of an abusive situation, slwpt on a childs bed.
I would think about one in future, but I cant imagine their food consumption. And I know they have shorter lives.
Anyway, glad I made you laugh! One reason I love love love my chicks! They are hilarious!

So, let me please ask, when he is dominating her, does he release sperm, thereby feeling sexually relieved as a by product?

I don’t have a clue, but I doubt it.

We actually love his crowing. Bur you mention light. Do you mean you leave your coop totally dark? Black dark?

At night, after they are in bed, black dark is good. They are not going anywhere, they don’t need to eat or drink. They don’t excuse themselves and go outside to use the bathroom. With black dark they get good rest.

But they need to be able to see well enough to get to bed as it is getting dark outside. It gets dark inside most coops quicker than it gets dark outside. A window is good. My comment was specifically addressing someone who was having problems with a rooster crowing in the middle of the night. If that becomes an issue for you, then you might want to have some curtains that can cover your windows when you lock them up at night.

No, he doesnt crow at night. I have just been wondering about the light thing. And you answered the other question so well I figured I would hit you up again. :)

Back
Top Bottom