Is she laying too many eggs?

bossfrog

Songster
Aug 10, 2021
My little disabled silkie Squirt has laid two eggs in two days and seems to be working on a third. She’s always been a two-egg-a-week type of gal and has never laid three days in a row. Is she laying too much? I know it may just be the fact that it’s springtime but we lost a girl from reproductive issues four days ago so I’m being extra vigilant with Squirt. She’s 2 years old and 1 lb 10 oz. Thanks yall.

If your worried make sure she has access to oyster shell. It is spring time so the girls do lay more. And if your really worried there are amazing articles on helping girls who are egg bound or have other issues..you will be prepared and less worried because knowledge is power..

If your worried make sure she has access to oyster shell. It is spring time so the girls do lay more. And if your really worried there are amazing articles on helping girls who are egg bound or have other issues..you will be prepared and less worried because knowledge is power..
Will do. She loves picking through her oyster shell bowl when she’s in her wheelchair!

My little disabled silkie Squirt has laid two eggs in two days and seems to be working on a third. She’s always been a two-egg-a-week type of gal and has never laid three days in a row. Is she laying too much? I know it may just be the fact that it’s springtime but we lost a girl from reproductive issues four days ago so I’m being extra vigilant with Squirt. She’s 2 years old and 1 lb 10 oz. Thanks yall.
All my gals are in spring ramp up right now. Are you supporting her nutritional needs?

Please describe feed routine including treats and supplements.

Calcium is just one aspect.. protein (and it's amoino acids) is another very key one.

Nice job, getting a weight! That truly helps with knowing where you're at and where you're headed.

Also please describe her dfisability and was she hatched that way or did it develop.

Sorry for your recent loss. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom