Is This A Stray?

Also, I'm going to change the thread name soon to something else beecause we all ready know that it is a stray.
Edit- Nvm. I though that I could change it.

I would maybe check craigslist and Facebook to see if anyone has a lost cat. I would maybe post about it too. When you do that though sont share too much information on him so you can ask anyone claiming the cat as their own to be sure it's theirs.
Usually when you take them to a shelter they'll check for a microchip and take him to the vet. If he has a chip they'll call the owners and hopefully they'll want him back.

I would maybe check craigslist and Facebook to see if anyone has a lost cat. I would maybe post about it too. When you do that though sont share too much information on him so you can ask anyone claiming the cat as their own to be sure it's theirs.
Usually when you take them to a shelter they'll check for a microchip and take him to the vet. If he has a chip they'll call the owners and hopefully they'll want him back.
This cat is a stray. All of the people on my road told me. I live in the country so there are no other people besides the people on my road nearby. Some people like to throw dogs and cats out on my road.

I've caught feral cats before by getting them used to eating inside a crate. And then one day closing the door while they are eating.

You might have to start by putting the food at the opening of the crate. Then a couple inches in. Then halfway in. Then at the back.

Good job saving this kitty. <3

Also it is completely incorrect that cats have to be hungry to hunt. The truth is malnourished cats are less effective hunters. If your parents want a barn cat for rodent control there may be a program in your area. The cat would be vaccinated and nuetered. They would be responsible for providing shelter and daily food.

I've caught feral cats before by getting them used to eating inside a crate. And then one day closing the door while they are eating.

You might have to start by putting the food at the opening of the crate. Then a couple inches in. Then halfway in. Then at the back.

Good job saving this kitty. <3

Also it is completely incorrect that cats have to be hungry to hunt. The truth is malnourished cats are less effective hunters. If your parents want a barn cat for rodent control there may be a program in your area. The cat would be vaccinated and nuetered. They would be responsible for providing shelter and daily food.
I will try to make him use to the crate before catching him. Thank you. School will be starting in half a month so I have a bit of time. :)

Also, I know. It's just that my family wants this stray cat and they don't want to commit to caring for it. It is also, in their eyes, a "woods cat" "it hunts the wood for mice" not the barn. So ya, my family makes me wanna punch them. (We also used to have a barn cat... Didn't go to well... Rats + Kittens...) :he:rant

Fingers crossed that all goes well. :fl

I have a big basket with a lid. It is just for the night, I hope that is won't scare him to much. I really love him.
Yea That should be good, I am an animal lover like you and it makes me so happy you are doing this (or at least trying so hard) for the cat! It really is so nice to see there are still good people in the world.

If I put my cat in a big basket with a lid he would spend all night trying to escape and I'm 100% sure he would succeed. Perhaps you should do it in the morning if going the basket method.

Otherwise, perhaps the shelter or someone on CL will lend you a crate. Have you ever tried Nextdoor? Someone may lend you a crate from there. If I was nearby I certainly would.

Back
Top Bottom