Is this coccidiosis?

If this appeared to be a one time poop, I can't help but lean towards intestinal lining. These are older birds, right?
In the end, it still doesn't hurt to be safe and treat anyways. I hope everything goes well!
They are 9 weeks today

Thank you. Most of my adults (but not all) were vaccinated for cocci as chicks. Corid is ok for them?
Yes, corid is pretty safe as far as I know. Just follow the recommended dosage in their main water.
Here is an older screenshot of the recommended dosage that I took from this forum.
Screenshot_20210912-201329_Gallery.jpg

I should note: not always will infected birds immediately show signs of lethargy or etc, (so they might ultimately appear normal or fine) but sometimes the blood comes pretty quickly. Same goes for the other way around. Sometimes you'll have lethargic birds and not see bloody poop right away.

Coccidia vaccine doesn't cover all nine strains of coccidia. So even vaccinated birds in a flock where coccidiosis is suspected should be treated.

Corid is not an antibiotic. It's merely a thiamine blocker so coccidia will be cut off from the one nutrient in the intestines they need to complete their life cycle.

Coccidia vaccine doesn't cover all nine strains of coccidia. So even vaccinated birds in a flock where coccidiosis is suspected should be treated.

Corid is not an antibiotic. It's merely a thiamine blocker so coccidia will be cut off from the one nutrient in the intestines they need to complete their life cycle.
Thank you for that clarification! I wasn’t sure how extensive that vaccine was.

Back
Top Bottom