Is this duck okay?

Pics
Okay I am going to pick up that coop later today, would it be a good idea to put Puffin, the fly away who came back this morning in the coop with her at night? I think it would make her a LOT more comfortable because Puffin actually looks almost identical to her mom because she is from the same mom. Plus they already know each other from the park I saw them hanging out together before I went back for her the 1st time. I put her in the tub with her a little bit when I brought her back today and it seemed to instantly make her MUCH more comfortable.

Last edited:
Okay I am going to pick up that coop later today, would it be a good idea to put Puffin, the fly away who came back this morning in the coop with her at night? I think it would make her a LOT more comfortable because Puffin actually looks almost identical to her mom because she is from the same mom. Plus they already know each other from the park I saw them hanging out together before I went back for her the 1st time. I put her in the tub with her a little bit when I brought her back today and it seemed to instantly make her MUCH more comfortable.
Awwww, they are so sweet together! I would probably leave them both together - and you know how paranoid I am about that sort of thing. This is my, perhaps flawed, reasoning. While there could be some small risk that the newest duck (does she have a name yet?) has something contagious, Puffin was just out in that same world. And we know that the stress of isolation isn't good for health or healing.

I clipped her wing today so I could let her roam the yard and get out of the tub. Without the wing feathers covering you can really see how naked her backside is.

Attachments

• 20210114_130314.jpg
    20210114_130314.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 9
I clipped her wing today so I could let her roam the yard and get out of the tub. Without the wing feathers covering you can really see how naked her backside is.
Bless sure looks like a narrow miss doesn’t it! She already is looking so much better!!

Back
Top Bottom