Is This The Change You Wanted In The Last Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
The general tone of this thread seems to be "we are scared." And that really scares me that so many people have the same sense of impending doom that I do. I wish there was a cheap, fast and easy way out, but there isn't.

Rufus

It should be obvious that military industrialists - like Halliburton and energy monopolies like BP and Mobile are doing very very well- and they pay exactly no taxes.

Those same companies continually gauge the consumer ( Halliburton's no bid contracts in Iraq just scrape the surface as they over billed us for just about everything once they were positioned within Iraq.) -One of the bigger issues I think many can readily appreciate is the disinformation campaigns raging on every news program and the insinuation routine of emotional blackmail ad campaigns- targeted at women. The Murdoch news empire's corporate culture continually spins the facts out of sight- replacing them with incendiary rhetoric. There has never been so much disinformation about a president- never so much disrespect - It's part and parcel of the change I voted for.

I knew the moment we allowed our military to act as a trojan horse for Halliburton to seize the oil of Iraq --that Cheney and company were set to fleece our economy.
Now the janitor in chief is blamed by people that refuse to hold the appropriate people accountable- but politics are complex and confusing- by nature.

Growth is never painless. We need to end the tax cuts for mutli billionaires. All this grandstanding by the GOP is just that- the old men keep singing their song about spending but they don't want to slow spending- in the places that it needs to be stopped- we keep hearing about how welfare is where all the money is going and that's hogwash.
It's going into subsidies for major corporations that send all their business overseas. It's spent on endless wars against enemies that oil hungry administrations have trained and sold arms to (Iran Contra) - it's spent on everything but what this administration has it being spent on- fixing highways, bridges, hospitals, farms and etc.

The GOP keeps playing the emotional blackmail game that generally ends up being a coded war of the classes. The wealthy corporations are represented by the GOP and the average American is represented by the Dems. What we just witnessed in Wisconsin with the demonetization of the unions is their idea of a solution- rob the middle class -enrich the uber wealthy- and blame the poor...

Quote:
Oh is that what happened? I guess I was under the impression that 85% of the population in that state agreed with the Gov. on that issue... and in the end, why are collective bargaining rights needed by union members? The only thing was done was to make the state workers pay their fair share (which is still FAR less than the private sector) and give the state workers the right to opt out of the union if they want to.

Coming from a former Teamster (one of the strongest unions in the nation) I would have opted out. The union became bloated and no longer represented the majority, yet they could spend my money on electing WHOEVER THEY wanted. I had no say. I am no longer a teamster, and my money is donated to those I feel like supporting.

I know there is much more here but I've just hit the high points..

Quote:
Oh is that what happened? I guess I was under the impression that 85% of the population in that state agreed with the Gov. on that issue... and in the end, why are collective bargaining rights needed by union members? The only thing was done was to make the state workers pay their fair share (which is still FAR less than the private sector) and give the state workers the right to opt out of the union if they want to.

Coming from a former Teamster (one of the strongest unions in the nation) I would have opted out. The union became bloated and no longer represented the majority, yet they could spend my money on electing WHOEVER THEY wanted. I had no say. I am no longer a teamster, and my money is donated to those I feel like supporting.

Your impression was obviously informed by special interests of the the Koch brothers who paid for the spin zone. The GOP cheated and will pay dearly for it during elections- of course now they are putting in false democrats to further confuse the situation - because they can't trust that the citizens of WI can be trusted to vote the right way.

Quote:

Your impression was obviously informed by special interests of the the Koch brothers who paid for the spin zone. The GOP cheated and will pay dearly for it during elections- of course now they are putting in false democrats to further confuse the situation - because they can't trust that the citizens of WI can be trusted to vote the right way.

if I knew or cared about the Koch brothers instead of living it, it might matter... Oh wait, I live one state away and have family and friends that live there.. Oh, watched local news on it, was even at some rallies... Yup.. I'm drinking the cool aid...

Honestly?

Try harder or stay home..

Last edited:
Quote:
Haliburton is not an oil company per se, but provides tools and services to the oil industry. They were the logical support providers for the Iraqi invasion. Also, the contract was a sop to get Haliburton's major owners in Abu Dubai, United Arab Emerates on board for the invasion.

Haliburton moved it's headquarters to Dubai in 2007 to be closer to their owners and to their market. Check out HAL.

Yes, many companies seem to be doing well now, but it also seems to be a result of doing business abroad and selling abroad. They tend to lose money on products produced and sold here.

It will really hurt tax wise when these corporations move their incorporation abroad.

I don't know what the answer is.

Rufus

Well, actually, I'm informed by the four Wisconsin families that coop this ranch. People that have always voted GOP are pretty surprised by the slip of the weasel into the henhouse. I May be misinformed by the former police officer, the retired school teacher and the two sons of a generations old farming family but I'm also fairly aware of what's going on in the world. My answer remains the same- Yes this is the change I voted for last election. It's unfortunate that the disinformation campaign of the Murdoch/Koch Media empire is so deeply ingrained in the psyche of those that rely the most on their government. For example, there are lots of wards of the court in this country.
They are from abusive families or orphans. Who supports these children? The foster families that open their homes to them or the state that provides monthly checks to foster families? Are foster families exploiting foster children? Is the state exploiting foster families? Do social workers and case workers that look over these tens of thousands -millions of foster children- do they deserve a union? Do the educators that attempt to help these children transform their lives towards an independent phase of emancipation? Do the police that investigate the countless cases of inappropriate behavior foisted onto foster children? Do the psychological and other health service workers that also accept monies from the state for the care of foster children deserve a union? The GOP has decided to cut aid to social services by more than 65 % in some places. For them- the foster child is to be blamed- and they need the money to give to Halliburton to earn kickbacks to their special interest constituents. -

Is that lucid?

It DOES matter where you get your information. Please pay attention and do not dismiss Rupert Murdoch's strangle hold and the influence of people like the Koch Brothers. Even their own people call them the Koch-topus due to their incredible reach into so many different areas.

Koch Brothers have never hidden their agenda.

They are masters at using spin and propaganda to convince people to believe things which are simply not true.

In 2003 the Florida Supreme Court ruled that news organizations did NOT have to tell the truth. They said that the FCC regulation stating that they had to was not constitutional or enforceable. When "news" is fiction we are without viable information.

The internet is wide open, with no way to know whether anything you read there is true.

Find sources you trust. Compare sources that you agree with with those who do NOT agree with. Question. Question again. Do NOT under any circumstances think that this - any of this - has anything to do with political parties left and right. Look harder.

When voting I use this handy list:

How will this effect me?
How will it effect my family?
How will it effect my students (I was a teacher)?
How will it effect my community?
How will it effect the enviroment?
How will it effect the rest of the world?

It consistently amazes me that people will ignore what is in thier own best interests based off what someone else tells them to think.
hu.gif

Quote:
And even more the number of people who go by the first two of your questions and forget completely about the rest.....
idunno.gif

I was on the beach the other day. I have severe asthma and the salt air is good for me. I breathe well at the beach. Until a group of people showed up and sat up wind of us smoking. We moved.
tongue.gif
and moved again..... There is no way to live on this planet without your behavior effecting others and without their behavior effecting them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom