Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

B45928C7-9ACE-4467-9825-157153A2AE4C.jpeg
2B23173B-3F0C-47DE-8100-E069A3F77D88.jpeg
BBCD3847-5929-40F4-8187-F0F68ADF7386.jpeg

You all are just reaffirming my choice to not buy fast food ever. It’s been about 5 years.

Imagine all the cockroach, fly, & rat contamination we’ve avoided!

Kids at my sons school were ranking fast food. KFC, McDs, Subway, Burger King, Taco Bell & Popeyes. When he told them he didn’t even know what they had except McDs, and he was like 5 the last time he had it, they thought he was joking. I’ll have to tell him the cockroach & rat story to tell his friends the next time they bring it up. 😂
It's probably not that big of a deal when you factor in the liquids that you've eaten that started inside the body of the workers.

My husband and I got into a hot debate one time because he thought pizza wasn't considered fast food.
It takes longer to make pizza, so perhaps it's not quite as fast, fast food.

Pizza is the acceptable junk food! 😂

95% of the time we make our own, but if we are running around and get stuck, I would much rather order a fresh pizza from a local place than go to order fast food.
We buy local pizza as well, because we like to support the local small businesses as much as possible. Their pizza is very good, we order by phone and pick it up ourselves, it's only 2.5 miles from our house.

As a side question concerning chickens
(I know weird but anyway)
Say troyer planning on doing some breeding this coming breeding season with those top tier cubalaya?
Yes! I'll have a minimum of 20 single paired pens for starters. I'll do an additional several quads of pen matings and go from there.
I'm doing more specialized pairings this year in that I'll be doing same color to same color more. I had been doing some black based standard whites to blacks in order to get better blacks. The white standards are really nice already. Some of the pairs will be allowed to hatch a second brood if they want to, which is usually all of them. I have several hens that are acting broody already, but with the freezing temperatures the eggs freeze and therefore won't hatch. Plus, I'm taking the eggs until more suitable weather for hatching.

Back
Top Bottom