Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

I wasn't crazy about Dangerfield either. Bill Murray is a very good actor and just a cool guy. And, yes, they do say he can be hard to work with, or at least when he was younger. Supposedly, he clocked Chevy Chase on SNL. I think that was more of who was going to be the head bull in the bull pen.
Chevy Chase is also a huge a-hat and impossibly obnoxious according to every actor who's ever worked with him. Surprised he doesn't get laid out more often.

Has anyone here ever done sprouting qirh grains for their birds? I'm wanting to try it with the scratch I have but I keep finding a bunch of different ways to do it
Whole race horse oats will sprout and mine love it. I like to give mine soaked oats in the dead of summer for more liquid uptake and if left long enough they sprout

How do you soak yours to sprout? Wrapped in damp paper towels? Loose in a bin with enough water to cover? Water cut with hydrogen peroxide?
Pour oats in a 5 gallon bucket about a 5th of the way up. Fill with water and use a stick to stir. Top off with more oats if I can but don't put too much oats as they will swell alot and just add more water to top off each day. After a few days they are swelled good keep a piece of plywood on top. It has to be covered cause it will be full of dead flies if kept open around here. Also they'll start stinking and the stickier the more the birds like them. It doesn't bother me but you may want to invest in latex gloves to handle to keep the stink off of you. I scoop out with a strainer that has a handle
In time they will sprout if left

Pour oats in a 5 gallon bucket about a 5th of the way up. Fill with water and use a stick to stir. Top off with more oats if I can but don't put too much oats as they will swell alot and just add more water to top off each day. After a few days they are swelled good keep a piece of plywood on top. It has to be covered cause it will be full of dead flies if kept open. Around here. Also they'll start stinking and the stickier the more the birds like them. It doesn't bother me but you may want to invest in latex gloves to handle to keep the stink off of you. I scoop out with a strainer that had a handle
In time they will sprout if left
Okay, thanks

Back
Top Bottom