Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Good. He looks better whole.
I prefer the trimmed look. My wifesays they look goofy all natural. I don't like dubbing in the heat down here. Peacomb isn't that bad but straight comb can look like a murder scene. You keep a bucket of cold water to dunk the head in after to get the veins to constrict but it can still bleed some. I'm winter say below 45 degrees usually it'll just ooze blood sometimes it won't bleed any

Welcome to the contest! Last year BYC members set 2443 eggs! How many will be set this year? Give us your best guess on how many eggs will be set by all BYCers participating in this hatch-along, have the closest guess, and you win! It includes ALL eggs, whether they are chicken, duck, goose, turkey, quail, emus, etc.

This number seems a bit low. I’m thinking Moony does this many over the weekend.
My mind was going in that direction too. But maybe Moony doesn't participate in it.

My mind was going in that direction too. But maybe Moony doesn't participate in it.
I usually don't. Only have once or twice.
It's usually still colder then I want to start brooding chicks in.
I do need 22 hatches this year though so I'm still deciding.

I’m going to go ahead and get my new pullets hatched and growing before I start selling. Yes, y’all can look back at the last few years and see me saying the same thing and then selling every new pullet I got. But I really really mean it this time!

I’m going to go ahead and get my new pullets hatched and growing before I start selling. Yes, y’all can look back at the last few years and see me saying the same thing and then selling every new pullet I got. But I really really mean it this time!
oh-sure-john-candy.gif

Went down to our land in WV today. Did some hiking around and exploring. We weren't gonna go down but a neighbor down there called and said that someone was timbering on our land. So we had to check it out. Sure enough, the back neighbor is timbering and encroaching so we have some phone calls to make. Meanwhile, we discovered rock outcrops on our land!
IMG_20240224_131254490.jpg
IMG_20240224_131259085.jpg
IMG_20240224_132521142_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Back
Top Bottom