Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Solid thinking. Research will give you some background knowledge that the professionals can refine.
If you don't already know them, learn the difference between carbs, fats and proteins. Look at how insulin assist the glucose (fuel) into the cells. Type 1 vs type 2 DM and how weight gain/loss can effect type 2.
Natural insulin is made in the pancreas (which also makes digestive juices.) You may know most of this already so it will be a refresher.
I do have to read up on the assist part. But I have been looking into the whole pancreas thing, and Dartmouth now has me on their list as a living pancreas donor for her if it is ever needed. I only need, like, half of the meaty blob, so she can have the other half. Also, I looked into the effects diabetes has on the kidneys, and I offered up one of mine to her as well.

I believe it is the carbs that are in needing of counting with diabetes? So it is not calories, like what she has been counting. And carbs are important for diabetics. She is going to hate me, because I like to eat a carb rich diet (not overdone, but I do eat carbs/certain carby foods every day) and she is always telling me it is bad for me. But ha ha, she now needs to get onto my diet. Brown rice cooked to perfection in a rice cooker, with grilled meat that has been marinated in a homemade nước chấm sauce, fresh peppers, onions, and squash also grilled, with just the tiniest blob of butter. And a honey glazed baked apple for dessert. *Chef's kiss* She is going to hate my guts. 🤣

I do have to read up on the assist part. But I have been looking into the whole pancreas thing, and Dartmouth now has me on their list as a living pancreas donor for her if it is ever needed. I only need, like, half of the meaty blob, so she can have the other half. Also, I looked into the effects diabetes has on the kidneys, and I offered up one of mine to her as well.

I believe it is the carbs that are in needing of counting with diabetes? So it is not calories, like what she has been counting. And carbs are important for diabetics. She is going to hate me, because I like to eat a carb rich diet (not overdone, but I do eat carbs/certain carby foods every day) and she is always telling me it is bad for me. But ha ha, she now needs to get onto my diet. Brown rice cooked to perfection in a rice cooker, with grilled meat that has been marinated in a homemade nước chấm sauce, fresh peppers, onions, and squash also grilled, with just the tiniest blob of butter. And a honey glazed baked apple for dessert. *Chef's kiss* She is going to hate my guts. 🤣
Sounds right. (I don't know nearly as much about it as I should and I have been 'around' it >25 years.)
Keeping your blood sugar levels under control is vital for a diabetic. Like high blood pressure, it can cause problems in almost any part of the body over time.

We have crawfish in our ponds and streams, but I've never really liked the flavor. They taste muddy.
🤫 We also put a metric ton of spices into the boil with them.
While the texture is heavenly, they could be thought of as a capsicum delivery device. (Crab boil, salt, lemons, each chef has his own secret recipe and method.)
1713011897252.png
1713012056074.png

Sounds right. (I don't know nearly as much about it as I should and I have been 'around' it >25 years.)
Keeping your blood sugar levels under control is vital for a diabetic. Like high blood pressure, it can cause problems in almost any part of the body over time.
Yeah, I am going to be going through everything in the house probably after work tonight to get rid of anything high sugar. I know that she will still need sugar, but she can get it naturally through fruit. My mom warned her that I am taking over the food for the house again. I have not been fully in charge of it since my dad passed, and they used to love it because everything was relatively good for us. But my sister shops processed foods, whereas I prefer fresh. I do not care if I have to become the house chef. It gives me even more work, but dammit, I want it all done right. And it will help all of us with our weight and health; get us back to how we were before she tried taking over. 😏🤓

Yeah, I am going to be going through everything in the house probably after work tonight to get rid of anything high sugar. I know that she will still need sugar, but she can get it naturally through fruit. My mom warned her that I am taking over the food for the house again. I have not been fully in charge of it since my dad passed, and they used to love it because everything was relatively good for us. But my sister shops processed foods, whereas I prefer fresh. I do not care if I have to become the house chef. It gives me even more work, but dammit, I want it all done right. And it will help all of us with our weight and health; get us back to how we were before she tried taking over. 😏🤓
I think I am going to ask my boss tonight if I can get 2 sauce recipes out of the BIBLE (it is what they call the recipe book at work). I have no interest in selling the recipes; I merely want to be able to make something healthy that everyone will enjoy. 🤔

🤫 We also put a metric ton of spices into the boil with them.
While the texture is heavenly, they could be thought of as a capsicum delivery device. (Crab boil, salt, lemons, each chef has his own secret recipe and method.)
View attachment 3800112 View attachment 3800114
Pretty good spread but I'd change the sausage to double D green onion and add cauliflower. I'd also like to say I'd tear into the mushrooms first.
I don't like it too too hot. Good spice yeah but not melt your lips off. Alot of people like that though. My wife likes boiled eggs too.

I have worked in several where it was impossible to get a signal and you had to go to outside windows to get a signal.
We're convinced it has to do with the lead lined walls in radiology areas.
Usually the construction in general. Construction has to meet the Life Safety Code for a hospital. You might have noticed the older ones have the worse cell service. They all have fire walls, but the older hospitals were usually built with brick, cider black or concrete, and metal lathing and plaster. About 12 inch thick walls. Every wall also extends above ceiling to the roof deck which is metal sitting on metal joist. Then you have insulation above the deck (usually light weight concrete). Roof is also pretty thick. All of this on the walls is for fire and smoke protection, and not good at all for cell service. The metal doesn't help either. Every try to get a good signal in a metal building? Rough.
The newer hospitals are mostly metal studs instead of the cider block or concrete for the walls, but then they have 2 layers of 5/8 inch sheet rock extending about the ceiling to the deck for the smoke and fire protection. So, better, but still not always great reception. And, whatever it is constructed out of, every penetration has to be fire caulked as well.

So, yes, windows are the best place to get some decent service.

Edit to add: I forgot about fire doors. They are tough to penetrate as well.
All doors in a hospital are fire and smoke rated. Some more than others. By more, I mean longer time it can withstand fire.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom