Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Ok, in Colt's defense...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230130-143833.png
    Screenshot_20230130-143833.png
    163 KB · Views: 2
I almost choked to death. I was at a crawfish boil and we were eating raw oysters. For some stupid reason I decided to eat a boiled mushroom with an oyster. I put my usual hot sauce on a raw oyster on the half shell and topped it with a mushroom. I went to slurp it down and the mushroom got lodged in my throat. I kept calm and figured I had one chance cause all the drunk people probably wouldn't be much help and medics are a ways away. I drew a deep breath throat my nose and coughed the deepest gut cough I could ever do and it came flying out. I learned my lesson. Since I'm never gonna chew a raw oyster don't top it with a mushroom

I almost choked to death. I was at a crawfish boil and we were eating raw oysters. For some stupid reason I decided to eat a boiled mushroom with an oyster. I put my usual hot sauce on a raw oyster on the half shell and topped it with a mushroom. I went to slurp it down and the mushroom got lodged in my throat. I kept calm and figured I had one chance cause all the drunk people probably wouldn't be much help and medics are a ways away. I drew a deep breath throat my nose and coughed the deepest gut cough I could ever do and it came flying out. I learned my lesson. Since I'm never gonna chew a raw oyster don't top it with a mushroom
Congrats. You passed the most important (and most difficult) skill test in that emergency.
KEEP YOUR COOL. If you can move even a little bit of air below the blockage, you can eventually cough it out.
Pro Tip. If your concerned that what your about to swallow might not make down all the way take a deep breath first. (I suppose you COULD take a smaller bite, If there isn't too much testosterone involved.)
If the Heimlich maneuver is going to work your Abd must be completely relaxed. Not as easy as it sounds. If your the one doing the squeezing, tell them your going to count to three. Trick is squeeze on TWO. (It works when I'm giving shots.)
If your by yourself, or everyone else inebirated, You can throw yourself onto the back of a chair. You might bruise a liver, but it better than finding out at an autopsy.
Getting excited or panicking will burn O2 faster and block you from thinking up a clever fix.
Eat hearty my friends.

Congrats. You passed the most important (and most difficult) skill test in that emergency.
KEEP YOUR COOL. If you can move even a little bit of air below the blockage, you can eventually cough it out.
Pro Tip. If your concerned that what your about swallow might not make down all the way take a deep breath first. (I suppose you COULD take a smaller bite, If there isn't too much testosterone involved.)
If the Heimlich maneuver is going to work your Abd must be completely relaxed. Not as easy as it sounds. If your the one doing the squeezing, tell them your going to count to three. Trick is squeeze on TWO. (It works when I'm giving shots.)
If your by yourself, or everyone else inebirated, You can throw yourself onto the back of a chair. You might bruise a liver, but it better than finding out at an autopsy.
Getting excited or panicking will burn O2 faster and block you from thinking up a clever fix.
Eat hearty my friends.
This is great to know, Hayden. :bow

Pro Tip. If your concerned that what your about to swallow might not make down all the way take a deep breath first. (I suppose you COULD take a smaller bite, If there isn't too much testosterone involved.)
Eat hearty my friends.
Being an emt at the time i knew to not lodge it any worse by trying to swallow it. I knew that would probably be a fatal mistake. Also keeping cool is vital.
Although my nickname in the F.D. was cool breese cause of my way of calming a chaotic scene.

Eat hearty my friends.
It was the same when I was a teen and I was choking on hard candy that had managed to slip into my throat. I got just enough air in so that I could cough it up. I figured that it had not been so much as keeping a cool head as it was getting angry at the prospect of death by candy. There was no way in hell that I was going out by choking on a stupid snack that did not even have the courtesy of staying under my tongue where I put it.

Back
Top Bottom